A pet chihuahua surprises their humans at the airport when they open their suitcase

Originally published at: A pet chihuahua surprises their humans at the airport when they open their suitcase | Boing Boing

7 Likes

God I hate chihuahuas.

4 Likes

Andy Samberg Omg GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

13 Likes

I never had a full chihuahua, but my beagle/chihuahua mix was one of the best dogs ever. Loyal to a fault and sweet as could be. My family would tell me he was obsessed with me, because he always was looking for me if someone else was walking him. But he was never barky or destructive when I was gone. Chi’s bond hard with people and if given training can be great companions.

12 Likes

Perhaps it is the lackluster owners I should be hating on. I do find almost all chihuahuas very annoying.

7 Likes

My biggest problem with chihuahuas is not the owners but the street dogs. Any other street dog I can rely on not to chase me when I’m jogging. Even the farm dogs who are there to chase off the coyotes and mountain lions are smart enough to just leave a jogger alone. But those damn rat dogs think the whole world belongs to them and that everyone should be chased off.

Owners will usually pick them up if there is some sort of conflict. On the one hand, that probably rewards aggressive behavior but at the very least it makes it safe for everyone else.

4 Likes

Not exactly my favorite breed of dog, but I’m glad it was found in their suitcase. Could very well have saved its life.

9 Likes

Accidents do happen but, like, when they left the house did they not try to find their dog to say goodbye? I am a recent cat owner and I make sure to check where my cat is in the house any time I leave, even just to pop down to the grocery store. I couldn’t imagine leaving for vacation without knowing where he is.

16 Likes

The following really happened. I was standing in line at the 7-11 (in those pre-Covid days) behind a woman with a rather ample bosom and wearing a very low-scooped T-shirt that displayed much of said bosom. As the woman was paying, her breasts suddenly started bouncing and waving and a chihuahua popped out from the cleavage and looked around. When she was done paying, mamma gave the dog a smooch, gently pushed it back into its hiding place, and off they went.

9 Likes

Purse Rats is what I call them.

4 Likes

Sooner or later it would have been found in the suitcase

1 Like

Exactly what I was thinking. The stereotypical chihuahua owner fawns over their pet so much that there is no way they just left the house without making a fuss or handing it over to someone. I think there might also be a reason the dog looked like he “just woke up from a nap.”

3 Likes

I never met one that wasn’t a nasty yappy thing that thinks its size is irrelevant. Yet they wish they were alsatians and think they can make up for it with noise. I fucking hate them too.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t buy a chihuahua because, yeah lot’s of 'em are weird little yappy freaks but they’re just the right dog for some folks. So I don’t waste much time hating the little weirdos and I’ll play with them if they’re someone’s baby. I come a lot closer to hating pit bulls or any dog that’s been made into a vicious monster that might well kill little kids or other peoples pets. And I can say the same about people who weaponize a dog. That’s pretty obnoxious

2 Likes

Trousseau support animal?

1 Like

Yeah I’m not convinced the owners weren’t trying to smuggle the dog on the plane, but why would they put the dog in checked baggage and not carry on? They don’t weigh the carry on bags, do they?

3 Likes

I prefer big dogs. I always feel like we perfectly understand each other.

Our friends (family of four) adopted a pair of JackChis who were given up after the Woolsey Fire. They bounded hard with the family, so much so that they do NOT like anyone visiting with the family. They’ve bitten outside family members and friends alike (yep, us too). Our friends have worked hard with a trainer, but the cute little monsters get each other worked up.

We watch them once a year and we make the family drop them off and leave (that works beautifully). They are less territorial during week one and we take them on walks, then sometime during week two they go nuts and become super protective.

I feel like we enable both the doggos and our friends, but the little guys deserve a good life.

3 Likes

Chihuahuas are the original “Ankle Biters”.

3 Likes

I’ve been lucky. I’ve only met really wonderful, polite Chihuahuas IRL.

3 Likes

A “chest puppy”!

1 Like