A religious gentleman takes over a plane with his Christian preaching (video)

Originally published at: A religious gentleman takes over a plane with his Christian preaching (video) | Boing Boing

8 Likes

If God had wanted people to preach while flying, God would have given them wings!

30 Likes

First came the anti-maskers committing assault, then the maskless malcontents causing the rest of the passengers to miss their flights, and now there are proselytizers disturbing other passengers. I guess some airlines have thrown up their hands when it comes to security and customer service, too. SMH

40 Likes

What the actual fuck.

I hope someone sues that airline; I know I would.

The passengers paid for a flight, not a sermon.

45 Likes

Brother Maynard! fetch forward the holy duct-tape of Antioch
(Pie Iesu domine, dona eis requiem …)

35 Likes

Air travel has become my high school.

17 Likes

55 Likes

Please tell me there was a Church group or something all traveling together. I can’t imagine that many random people just deciding to join in on that. Even many Christians I know find such overt public displays of religiosity and proselytizing to be in bad taste at best.

I honestly don’t know what I would have done if I’d been on one of those flights, because I’m not a confrontational person, but I would have been really upset if that had gone on for more than a few minutes.

31 Likes

They could have been playing my all time favorite song, and I would have been pissed if I was on that flight. Regardless of the content of the words, the exhalations of other humans are not exactly safe to disperse to everyone else.

32 Likes

The temptation is to respond to each “Amen!” with a loud “Allahu Akbar!” but I suspect that might not go over well.

Maybe better just to stick to a wholly secular “Fuck you!”

Or if that is also likely to get you into trouble, maybe just a heartfelt “Awop-bop-a-loo-mop alop-bom-bom!”

28 Likes

What a selfish, egotistical prick.

27 Likes

christ, what an asshole

31 Likes

littlerichard-music

19 Likes

Where are the m&therf$%kn’ snake handlers when you need them.

21 Likes

Me, too.

And it looks like we might have a case if the flight crew didn’t intervene. Maybe? From the IATA list of what constitutes “unruly behavior,”

• Other type of riotous behavior (examples include: screaming, annoying behavior, kicking and banging heads on seat backs or tray tables)

Source

It’s also amusing that they included the vague, “annoying behavior,” in such an officious document.

19 Likes

No, I would not like to give my life to Jeezuss at this time, but keep up this BS and someone may be giving yours to Him…

5 Likes

This guy again?

god

6 Likes

I don’t think this is a way to win any converts. In fact likely will do the opposite.

9 Likes

kingsman-hail-satan

30 Likes

Why not just shout Matthew 6:5-6? From Project Gutenberg:

And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

36 Likes