A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Alabamer…

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/97257694/

13 Likes

It was until she got fired… :frowning:

6 Likes

No I’ve read that the rules require at least one Democrat to be present in order for the vote to go forward.

12 Likes

Since it is a form of resistance, I’ll cross-post this here:

10 Likes

I have changed my mind… This is my new favorite sign:

24 Likes

Considering how corrupt the IOC is, and how much damage is typically sustained by host cities, I’m not sure that’s actually a bad thing…

But it does make Mangolini look bad if they lose the bid (which is likely now), and that’s good.

That’s actually not a bad idea, especially in response to all mind games he’s trying to play…

That was kind of a given, frankly. Her stand is still important as an example of doing the right thing despite the possible consequences.

11 Likes
12 Likes

I quite agree. But it will be interesting to see the reaction from sports-loving Trump supporters, and from the businesses that hope to make money off such events.

One debate has already come up:

At the World Sailing (WS) meeting in early November last year in Barcelona, Spain, there was robust discussion about the location of the World Sailing annual conference being held in Sarasota, Florida in November of 2018. This was entirely because of the possibility of Donald Trump being elected, with an oft-repeated ban on Muslims entering the USA as part of his platform.

Most members of the WS Council plainly thought that the likelihood of Trump winning the then soon-to-be-held US Presidential election were slim. Accordingly, the notion that the USA would ban Muslims from entering their country was also considered to be improbable, so they voted to hold the 2018 World Sailing annual meeting in the USA.

Yet under the rules of sailing’s peak body, and should it all come to pass, the event will now have to be switched to another country.

Therefore, World Championship events, such as the Youth Sailing World Championships scheduled for Corpus Christi Texas in July of 2018, and the annual Sailing World Cup currently running in Miami, Florida, would disappear from the American landscape.

8 Likes

That’s where that one consequence of this unbelievable clusterfuck is a win/win; the IOC ends up leeching off some other country under the guise of what an ‘honor’ it is to be chosen, and Dump looks really bad because it’s a direct result of a bad business decision made by him.

5 Likes

Yes! And BECAUSE OF the consequences. I hope she continues to speak out and makes a good example of how you don’t stand for this attempt to chill free speech.

And incidentally, when trollies come on here, complaining about how WE are “chilling” free speech when we flag their posts and refuse to put up with their pro-trump BS, we can point to this as being the real chilling of free speech today.

10 Likes

Yep, exactly.

ETA:

Keep it up, San Fran!

15 Likes

After months of blocking Obama’s Court nominee, Hatch is crying about the Dem’s tactics…

22 Likes

This Picture!!!

26 Likes
26 Likes

14 Likes

This story’s nothing major, but it made me feel good and it’s nice to have good news coming out of Michigan (for a change.)

13 Likes

More of this needed, STAT!

I need to hear about every law suit filed against the Dump; every act of resistance, every word of defiance.

It simultaneously keeps my spirits lifted and chips away at the Angry Orange Snowflake’s fragile morale.

20 Likes

Asked whether federal workers are dissenting in ways that go beyond previous party changes in the White House, Tom Malinowski, who was President Barack Obama’s assistant secretary of state for democracy, human rights and labor, said, sarcastically: “Is it unusual? . . . There’s nothing unusual about the entire national security bureaucracy of the United States feeling like their commander in chief is a threat to U.S. national security. That happens all the time. It’s totally usual. Nothing to worry about.”

19 Likes

I actually tweeted something to Trump along those lines:

Also:

19 Likes
13 Likes