A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

The list of people who I want to “volunteer” for a one-way trip to Mars(*) has increased in the last two weeks.

It’s for science.

(*) or the Sun. That’s fine too.

8 Likes

News from Montana:

Just got this text message from a friend:
Daines is wavering on Devos. Call today!
Please ASAP! Vote is soon & Daines is wavering - so pressure must be full force! Call Daines in DC: leave message to vote NO on Betsy DeVos for Sec Ed - She is unqualified to lead our schools and we can not allow our great Montana schools to be harmed by her lack of knowledge or her lack of conviction for public education. I am opposed to DeVos. (202) 224-2651 or if you can’t get thru try Bozeman office 406 587-2651
Please forward this text to all your friends who care about education. Thank you!

14 Likes

I was never really a Kornbluth fan, but lately his stuff has been more and more appealing to me.

Be sure to go at night.

6 Likes
17 Likes
17 Likes
10 Likes

It comes from unusual places

25 Likes
12 Likes

http://www.superdeluxe.com/punchanazi

6 Likes
24 Likes

That headline should get a Pulitzer…

22 Likes
17 Likes
12 Likes

MAJOR NEWS – Senate wants input on Bannon!

I just got this from the Southern Poverty Law Center:

We just learned that the Senate Committee on Homeland Security is taking calls about Steve Bannon’s appointment to the National Security Council (NSC).

We’re told that they’re tallying calls.

You might get a busy signal but try, try, try again all this weekend. Leave a message if you get through to voicemail.

The number: 202-224-4751

Be sure to tell the committee that you believe no individual whose primary responsibility is political in nature should be allowed on the NSC or authorized to attend its meetings. Partisan politics have no place in our national security.

Please also email the committee using this form.

Thank you,

Your friends at the SPLC

The link: Contact the Committee - Committee on Homeland Security & Governmental Affairs

My email / call script will read:

Please hold confirmation hearings for Stephen Bannon

Dear Senators:

_I am alarmed that President Trump’s strategy chief, Stephen Bannon, is being given a place on the National Security Council. _

Mr. Bannon, who is not a cabinet member and thus has not been subject to the usual confirmation hearings, is well known to hold alarming views on race, civil rights, and political strategy.

I urge the committee to subject Mr. Bannon to the same level of scrutiny as cabinet officers. I believe he should be required to have a confirmation hearing before the senate before he is allowed to sit on the NSC.

Thank You,

Stefan Jones

17 Likes

And as always…don’t read the comments.

9 Likes
8 Likes

I got a rogue NASA one from here:
https://cottonbureau.com/products/tagged/resist

Not inexpensive, but Rogue NASA’s proceeds from this sale will be split between Girls Who Code and the National Math + Science Initiative.

9 Likes

Yup, I ordered one of those too. They apparently have way more demand than they expected. :smiley:

2 Likes

Clearly; there were only ten minutes left when I checked out the link.

Glad I clicked on it when I did; thanks for sharing it.

ETA:

Not at all, but worth it for multiple reasons, besides the obvious.

How cool is this?

16 Likes

11 Likes