A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

(Justice) Kuntz said the plaintiffs offered persuasive evidence that the policy change was motivated by “a discriminatory purpose of removing non-white immigrants to the country.”

8 Likes

You gotta be a really terrible person to hate taco trucks. The promise we were made that taco trucks would be on every corner is my biggest regret about Clinton losing the Electoral College in ‘16.

11 Likes

Good Friday Agreement Show Down

“Let me be clear,” Pelosi added, “if the Brexit deal undermines the Good Friday accords, there would be no chance of a U.S.-U.K. trade agreement.”

“Pelosi’s words on trade were a hammer blow to so-called Brexiteers in Britain, who have fed the hearts of their supporters on the fantasy that the U.K. can simply walk away from the European customs union and single market, and offset the damage to its economy by striking a free trade deal with the U.S.”

trump’s proposed deal with the U.K. looks less likely. Suck it Brexiteers .

8 Likes

Molly’s hotdogs fighting for abortion access again:

(see prior thread for context)

The Jefferson Davis bit is a nice touch:

8 Likes
7 Likes

I wonder if any of those newspapers reported (explicitly) on Trump saying “We’re fucked”?

5 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

Rep. Andy McKean said Tuesday that the [Iowa] capitol is much more partisan than when he was first elected in 1978 and that the Republican Party has changed.

“I think the party has veered very sharply to the right,” McKean said. “And that concerns me. It’s a bit further than I would care to be.”

McKean said he also doesn’t like what he’s seeing at the national level.

“With the 2020 presidential election looming on the horizon, I feel, as a Republican, that I need to be able to support the standard bearer of our party,” McKean said. “Unfortunately that is something I’m unable to do.”

He said he believes the country will “soon pay a heavy price” for Trump’s policies and rhetoric. “Unacceptable behavior should be called out for what it is,” McKean said during during a press conference in Des Moines.

8 Likes

If only there were more who would stand up straight and do the right thing, maybe this nightmare would at least slow down. So few Republicans have the intestinal fortitude to actually stand by their “long held principles” and tell Il Douche to fuck right of.

11 Likes

The time to recognize that the GOP was no longer the party you “thought” it was occurred in 1974, upon the resignation of Tricky Dick.

6 Likes

Not sure if this counts as resistance:

9 Likes
10 Likes

And him leaving the GOP changes what exactly?

4 Likes

Turns out we didn’t need a Federal judge to agree that Michigan is Gerrymandered. We passed a Constitutional Amendment last year to end the practice. We’ve suffered under Republican rule for too long. They’re the minority of voters here, so they only control Lansing by cheating their way into seats.

9 Likes
10 Likes

12 Likes

“The BLOOD from JESUS is given as a ransom for all mankind, John 3:18”

What crack-smoking edition of the Bible are they using?

10 Likes

Any edition that the Divide-and-Conquerors tell them to use.

12 Likes

“None,” I’ll posit.

P.S. John 11:35

3 Likes