A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Thanks Donnie!

19 Likes

21 Likes

“We don’t try to directly persuade people to change their minds on a candidate or an issue. Rather, we create intimacy, in the faith that people have an ability to reexamine their politics, and their long-term worldview, if given the right context. We’ve found that when people start to see the dissonance between what they believe and what they actually want, their views change—many of them come around to a more progressive perspective. For example, if a woman says she believes that immigrants are the main problem in our society, but reveals that her top personal concern is health care, then we talk about whether immigrants have anything to do with that worry. When a man says he wants to feel safe, we ask questions about what, in particular, makes him feel unsafe. If he answers COVID-19, then we talk about which candidate might be better suited to handle the pandemic.”

15 Likes
18 Likes
11 Likes

You just know the woman in the hat wants to join in!

8 Likes

The pivot begins.

Nobody could have predicted

16 Likes

Stealth start up. Nice.

You know trump wants a piece of that.

6 Likes
19 Likes

A message from Amber to those rappers cooning for 45:

14 Likes

Sounds like Brett’s unfamiliarity with reality is catching some high-level flak…

18 Likes

He likes beer too much - korsakoff’s syndrome.

10 Likes
12 Likes
14 Likes

I really wish the media would quit framing this in partisan terms instead of saying it’s a win for democracy, or fair elections.

19 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen this posted here yet:

Touching spoken word piece.
13 Likes

Hey Virginians, you’ve only got a few more hours till early voting ends.

Go Vote!

14 Likes

i have a new poem to share with the mutants. just to show how the passion moves through one when seized with one’s art, i didn’t realize i was writing about the u.s election until i had almost finished it, around the 9th or10th line.

for the moment is in us, after all,
to mount the high and angled stair
to parapets we will defend
on this or some other day.
whether boring watch or feats of arms
we rise to the moment now, and ever on.
each day, each watch, each turn the culmination
of who we are:
unflinching.
we stand against the sickness
against the pain
for the moment is us and through us,