A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

I was so rooting for him.
Astronauts have a wise perspective of our finite resources.
His brother’s audio book about his year on the ISS is definitely worth a listen.

12 Likes
19 Likes
15 Likes

how is that even legal

9 Likes

The media are already saying Biden must REACH ACROSS THE AISLE and appease the chuds

They didn’t even wait 24 hours first

16 Likes

i really and truly feel democrats should go total michael corleone on this shit–

my offer is this, nothing

15 Likes

If the new normal is that presidents only get to appoint judges when the same party has the Senate

then Democrats need to stop crying about it and figure out how to win the Senate next time

9 Likes

They have not lost it yet. 2 run offs in GA and 1 uncalled in AK

10 Likes

Ft. Worth is my 2nd-favorite city in Texas.

1 Like

If they don’t win the GA run-offs, there are several contingencies. Ernst and Tills are due to get indicted on Jan 21st. There might be a plea deal involved if they resign.

I’ve mentioned Toomey in PA, already planning to step down in 2022. There might be a nice cabinet slot for him if he’s interested.

Finally, we don’t know what’s going to shake out of the multiple, multiple investigations of 45. How many GOP senators will he take down with him?

16 Likes

and when the Dems do have the White House and the Senate …

every liberal judge over 65 needs to fucking retire

9 Likes

A lot of them really resonate, lately.

2 Likes

The precedents of the Nixon-Ford and Bush-Obama transitions suggest brunch rather than indictments

5 Likes

While that’s Biden’s style, it isn’t so much Harris’. She’s likely to reach across the aisle - to smack fools upside the head.

Like I’ve said before - it depends on who Biden appoints as AG. He can still be president to every American, as he’s promised, at the same time as his AG seeks to enforce the actual laws of this country that have been ignored for the last 4 years.

ETA: and let’s be honest, there’s really little precedent for the last 4 years. Nixon’s pardon (and the truce afterward) were part of the deal he cut. It was a shitty deal for the country, but it was the deal. 45 ain’t making a deal here.

12 Likes

RE: court packing

It recently occurred to me that it would be perfectly constitutional for Congress to decree that there should be at least nine justices, total, at any given time, but also nine justices appointed by presidents who won the popular vote in their last election

That would offer Biden (or whoever) three more seats to fill, without being inherently partisan and without permanently increasing the size of the Court

9 Likes

And - no matter what happens in DC - NY still stands.

And all the private lawsuits. Mary Trump suing Don for ripping her off and the discovery from that will open Trump to tons of tax fraud investigations.

12 Likes

This is very clever. It manages to exclude future GOP presidents without naming them by name. Sneaky, and I say that with all admiration.

13 Likes

of course, loser presidents could still appoint justices if the total fell below nine, just like now

it would fix situations like the current one without changing anything else

6 Likes

Since Election Day, many Trump campaign staffers have been huddled on a noisy floor in the campaign’s Arlington, Virginia, headquarters fielding hundreds of calls a day on a hotline the campaign set up as they try to find instances of voter fraud, multiple sources told ABC News.

But the hotline has turned into a nightmare for some, as staffers, some of whom have contracts that expire in the coming days, have been bombarded with prank calls from people laughing or mocking them over Biden’s win before hanging up, sources tell ABC News. Prank calling the Trump campaign’s hotline has already become a trend on TikTok, the social media network that was used earlier in the year in an attempt to tank the president’s rally in Tulsa by mass-requesting tickets.

17 Likes

I want to call them babies, but then I realize that babies act like that because they haven’t had the opportunity to learn yet…

4 Likes