A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

6 Likes
6 Likes

Jeanine Pirro was a county judge from January 1, 1991 to May 1993, when she resigned.

I know Americans like the custom of a courtesy title for ex-whatevers, but I think she exceeded the courtesy years ago.

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/NewYorkStateAG/status/1021411478530928641

6 Likes

Ajit Pai’s FCC is the unlikely resistance hero of the day.

“By way of example, one application proposed to transfer WGN-TV in Chicago to an individual (Steven Fader) with no prior experience in broadcasting who currently serves as CEO of a company in which Sinclair’s executive chairman has a controlling interest. Moreover, Sinclair would have owned most of WGN-TV’s assets, and pursuant to a number of agreements, would have been responsible for many aspects of the station’s operation. Finally, Fader would have purchased WGN-TV at a price that appeared to be significantly below market value, and Sinclair would have had an option to buy back the station in the future. Such facts raise questions about whether Sinclair was the real party in interest under Commission rules and precedents and attempted to skirt the Commission’s broadcast ownership rules.”

4 Likes

You mean that the FCC is covering their ass with the slightest amount of effort?

4 Likes

Yes, that’s more accurate. Still, I’ll take whatever help we can get in making Bizarro World a little less insane.

3 Likes

Not a repeat article about a previous incident

4 Likes

Not precisely resistance to Trump, but resistance to policies he and his ilk promote.

More USians need to emulate this kind of resistance. Even one person can make a difference!

9 Likes

Someone apparently destroyed Donald Trump’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame last night.

5 Likes

Destroyed it again; it’s been attacked more than a few times now…

Also:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-07-25/trump-must-face-emoluments-lawsuit-over-d-c-hotel-profits

13 Likes

The opinion is here:

Bloomberg continues the major news outlets’ trend of not linking to available documents lest they lose advertising eyeballs but rather bizarrely they do give the case citations, presumably in case any lawyers reading want to look it up but are incapable of doing so without a hint?

The cases are The District of Columbia v. Trump, 17-cv-1596, U.S. District Court, District of Maryland (Greenbelt) and Blumenthal v. Trump, 17-cv-1154, U.S. District Court, District of Columbia (Washington).

2 Likes

C’mon, ‘Capone Effect’, PLEASE…

13 Likes

How much I love hearing those words

4 Likes

Seriously, though.

4 Likes

"For Trump, this is the equivalent of being kicked in the balls after taking a crowbar to the face."

Weaselberg knows trump’s Pantone color and where ALL the bodies are buried.

9 Likes

Slow news day.

5 Likes

10 Likes
6 Likes

“Some of the direct messages were previously published, but this is the first time all of the direct messages have been posted.

The messages show that Wikileaks wanted the GOP to defeat Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential elections.”

8 Likes