A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Damn WSJ paywall.

This link worked for me: https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-played-central-role-in-hush-payoffs-to-stormy-daniels-and-karen-mcdougal-1541786601

Ugggh: “They also raise the possibility that the president of the United States violated federal campaign-finance laws.”

Either he did or he did not. Stop blueballing me WSJ.

3 Likes

It’s Standard Time right now —

i.e. we are currently in the regular normal time regime where the sun is due south at noon

Daylight Saving Time is the other thing, where the clock is wrong from March until October

7 Likes
7 Likes

This thread is most heartening:

3 Likes

“But two years of Trump as president has produced more to disgrace him than any tape could whether it involved hookers or golden showers or goats dressed as his sainted mother.”

6 Likes

After his run-in with the umbrella, and today’s news about Cadet Bonespur not honoring the fallen dead because of rain, I think we finally have a way to take him down.

Rain.

2 Likes

Utterly devastating for Trump.

In effect:

Since you have revealed you do this fear,
I sentence you to be exposed before your peers!
Tear down the Wall!

3 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/chomsky/comments/9vyza9/general_strike_to_save_the_planet_jan_15_2019/

I don’t fuckin’ know how to do this. I’m one of these distant types that never reacts to anything.

I’m scared out of my mind

The planet has what, maybe two years before it’s game over. I heard we have 10 years a while ago, but it seems like every week we see a new headline saying it’s worse than we thought, and faster than we expected.

Until six days ago, I didn’t vote. I saw a rigged system that was bought and paid for, and thought electoral politics was an insult to one’s intelligence. Others have different opinions on the importance of voting, but one thing can be very clear. Voting, in our system, will never be enough.

We, the royal, collective we, need to disrupt the system, and there will never be a convenient time. The number of days we have left is dwindling.

Working date is January 15. I originally thought the 1st, for symbolic reasons, but a large portion of workers are off anyway that day. We need disruption, civil disobedience.

It has to start somewhere, likely it won’t be with this. I just want to get a ball, any ball, some god-forsaken-shot-in-the-dark-I-don’t-wanna-die-ball, rolling.

Discord server: Discord

I don’t know if this will actually happen, but what I do know is that if we don’t spread the word then it definitely won’t happen.

5 Likes

I don’t think that I ever would have predicted that one of the more salient voices against Donald Trump would be Axl Rose.

17 Likes

Let me just point put that if 2018 Axl Rose can make you look like an idiot, an idiot you truly must be.

11 Likes

That is truly mind boggling.

10 Likes

Hellz yez Kyrsten!!

12 Likes

(Pictures of bloody surfaces, no bodies or anything - but super powerful images regardless)

8 Likes

The Squad

ResistFist|nullxnull

13 Likes
10 Likes
5 Likes

Is this a percentage of registered voters or all adults, no matter registration? I ask because this distinction doesn’t exist here, it’s a bit confusing.

I’m going with registered voters. Not registered, not eligible to vote.

So there’s millions of people not registered, actual turnout is even lower. That’s pretty bad compared to the numbers I’m used to, although we don’t have presidential elections as such, it’s all wrapped into one election under a parliamentary system. But it’s usually 70+ here, with automatic registration.

3 Likes