A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Congresswomen swear, too.

From the article:

:heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart_eyes: Have I said how happy I am to have her as my Congressional representative? Give 'em hell, Rashida.

11 Likes

Paraphrased from the late, great Robin Harris;

…I don’t even care that she called the president a muthafucka - I’m still vexed we have to call that muthafucka “president.”

11 Likes
12 Likes
10 Likes
7 Likes

God damn it…

halt-catch-fire-joe-glare

I hope those bigots get the book thrown at their asses.

6 Likes

Thoughts? A Trump like, if not a Trump.
In addition:

I know there are a lot of German posters on the bbs, interested in how everything’s shaking out over there

2 Likes

I’m not German, but pretty close. German politics is more violent than you might think, this attack is not the first nor the worst. The migration crisis of 2015 didn’t help obviously. It’s worrying me because lately Germany, or part of it at least, seems to be forgetting the lessons of the past.

3 Likes

Not that I have a problem with reporting horrible behavior by garbage people, but how is this story part of the Resistance against 45?

2 Likes

When you’re right, you’re right.

2 Likes

Thank Dumbledore:

Live Ruth, and THRIVE; we need you.

9 Likes

She needs one of these in her basement!

(We all do!)

9 Likes

Not all of us, no.

But I will happily donate any organs she needs.

7 Likes

Hot dog! This is the best news of the month so far! :partying_face:

5 Likes
10 Likes

A nice place to be from
(Reminder: That’s Dick Armey’s old territory)

7 Likes

Who?

3 Likes

Pros: probably the most antiwar candidate in the field.

Cons: links to the Indian far right, questionable history on LGBTI issues. Actual foreign policy stance is not so much “anti-war” as “pro-troops”. Opposes regime change invasions, supports War on Terror bombings and assassinations.

7 Likes

Protest Pizza!

Nice to see Operation Slice continued. First proposed by some anonymous person for the Egypt Tahrir Square protests (failed because access to outside credit systems were shut down in Egypt). Resurrected or re-invented for Wisconsin protests.

(I was inspired at the time by re-reading The Baroque Cycle, especially the money at a distance tricks.)

6 Likes

You weren’t paying attention?

For various reasons I think Tulsi’s run is dead in the water – her attack on Hirono might even kill her future as a Hawaii congressperson – but she is the most interesting candidate that has declared so far.

1 Like