A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Now that 45 wants to build GIANT 30ft concrete T Walls along the border Cemex, “the largest cement maker in North America”, says F You to 45.

RESIST

9 Likes

Roger that!

20 Likes

Lizard people age at double the normal rate.

Who’s the current youngest?

2 Likes

A candidate from WA?

Sawant can’t run anyway, not born here. But if one does come from here it’ll be this guy:

1 Like

There’s video of his remarks. It’s pretty great.

9 Likes

12 Likes

A Utahrian woman – actually looks her age if I remember correctly…

1 Like

Mia Love is 41 years old. It’s not her.

Although she is the first ever Haitian American US Representative, and the first ever black female Republican US Representative.

7 Likes

Must be the New Yorker…
Yep:

4 Likes

Since Sawant can’t run, I’d like vote for Love (who wouldn’t want to vote for Love?), but not if that means voting Repugnican!

4 Likes
15 Likes

Teresa Neilsen Hayden, co-founder and one of the expert moderators of the Making Light blog, write a twitter-thread essay I’d like to share, about the use of fear and uncertainty – through lack of inadequate social programs – for political ends:
http://nielsenhayden.com/makinglight/archives/016583.html

10 Likes

Finally, someone did. I guess German reporters are willing to be “meaner” than US ones.

23 Likes

If you’re looking for a young ginger, there’s always Joe – just 36 now.

1 Like

No. Just, no.

5 Likes

But… but… but… access!

10 Likes

My first thought was Shirley Chisholm, because she was involved with the people I knew in the Republican party working for women’s rights in the 70’s so I forgot she wasn’t actually a Republican!

6 Likes

Running as a Republican in Utah is like running as a Democrat in Chicago: you might as well, no matter your views, because the other party doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in Hell of being elected.

She might well be more moderate/progressive than many current Democrats. I don’t know. I just know that the two parties aren’t really representing what they say they’re representing, so it’s worth it to look at the individuals.

11 Likes

She follows the GOP party line. Last year she headed up a fetal tissue investigation even after the falsified PP videos were outed.

10 Likes

Shirley Chisholm was not a Republican.

However, she was the first black female major- party presidential candidate, in 1972.

1 Like