A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

It’s like “Christ What an Asshole: The Book.”

5 Likes
18 Likes

For any DC region mutant activists who want to quit work early:

YOU’RE INVITED!
#KilltheBill: A “NO” on #Trumpcare Rally!

WHERE: UPPER SENATE UNITED STATES CAPITOL BUILDING - EAST SIDE IN WASHINGTON, D.C.
WHEN: TODAY, MARCH 24 AT 4 P.M.
WHAT:
#KilltheBill Rally at the Capitol to demand House GOP vote no on #Trumpcare at the Capitol

The House of Representatives is planning to vote on the horrible #Trumpcare bill this afternoon. This repeal defunds Planned Parenthood, guts Medicaid, increases costs, and takes health coverage away from millions of Americans (oh, the wealthy get a major tax break, too).

As they vote, we need to raise our voices and demand they vote NO on #Trumpcare at a peaceful action outside the Capitol.

The rally will end after the House votes.

UPDATE: Bill withdrawn! Leave work early anyway. Have a drink!

10 Likes

This isn’t exactly resistance to Trump, but given the viewpoint of some of his supporters, Trump’s previous back-and-forth with Schwarzenegger, and his treatment of Serge Kovaleski

22 Likes

I’m not a Schwarzenegger fan, especially considering the damage he did as governor of my state, but I see this as a tiny step toward redemption

15 Likes

On the Reddit front, I popped over to r/thedonald about three hours after the announcement on the AHCA and the top three posts were all various forms of “How’s All that Winning” going and other derisive non-subreddit style posts.

Such low energy. SAD!

12 Likes

One of the most consistent tropes of conservative political rhetoric in America is that Businessmen Do It Better. They insist that private enterprise is the wellspring of all political wisdom, whether that means privatizing state-run programs, outsourcing key government capacities to rapacious corporations, or above all simply electing business leaders to high office.

Well, now we have the purest example in American history of a businessman president. Donald J. Trump is the richest president in decades, and unlike every one of his predecessors, he has precisely zero political experience. Instead he constantly touts his business acumen as being more than enough qualification for being president.

The result: absolute disaster, and not just because he’s advancing disastrous policies (though he is doing that). President Trump is also an atrocious manager, precisely because his business instincts are catastrophically ill-suited to the presidency.

26 Likes
21 Likes
21 Likes

One for @Melizmatic

16 Likes
16 Likes
19 Likes
16 Likes

That hashtag’s full of good ones.

17 Likes
15 Likes

This is very cool.

13 Likes

(disclaimer: I haven’t verified these stats)

(also not verified, but…)

18 Likes

I’d risk pneumonia and getting concussed by hurricane-tossed debris to try this.

Save us, Fred.

28 Likes

tl;dr: Saving the data is good, but each dead page breaks citation links.

10 Likes

(Protesting DOES have the benefit of ticking off Trump, so I wouldn’t stop doing that. Not everyone can or should run for office.)
http://www.npr.org/2017/03/28/520971836/message-to-resistors-from-occupy-co-creator-stop-protesting-run-for-office

11 Likes