A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Holy carp!

7 Likes

Colbert’s been in fine form all around regarding Trump, but he really lets loose in this one.

12 Likes

Please call your representatives to reject the latest disgusting version of Trumpcare

9 Likes

Wow! the FAA might have something to say about that

5 Likes

And another action:

11 Likes

Let 'em sign a “Religious Freedom” bill. I’ll just join:

(Though I’m generally somewhat Discordian, but that doesn’t mean I can’t be something else too. And I think Eris would approve of the Temple’s merry-prankster-esque vibe. Do you know, if you contribute $5 to the TST’s Religious Reproductive Rights fund, they will send a thank you card to either Donald Trump or Mike Pence? :smile: )

14 Likes
5 Likes
10 Likes

Surely that thing can be sped up considerably.

14 Likes

Start a resistance group called the Overclockers?

11 Likes

It’s sorta wrong that the image shown by onebox only has just the “00:05”. Get our hopes up, why don’tcha?

13 Likes

I’m hoping it’s a good omen.

12 Likes

“How does it look? Have those bad hombre Republicans ganged up to impeach me?”

“I’m afraid so, Mr. President.”

“Well, how long do I have?”

“Five.”

“Five what? Five months, five weeks, five days, what?”

“Four.”

18 Likes

Conservative scold George Will reaaaaally doesn’t like Obama:

8 Likes

At least for now, the enemy of my enemy is my (sort-of) friend.

3 Likes

I had to check at one point to be sure that wasn’t written by Donald Rumsfeld:

As this column has said before, the problem isn’t that he does not know this or that, or that he does not know that he does not know this or that. Rather, the dangerous thing is that he does not know what it is to know something.

George Will is William F. Buckley lite. He tarts up conservative nostrums with florid language to convey a pretense of intellectual might. Given that pretense, I guess it’s no surprise he’s sounded this alarm about enormous power in the control of such an obvious intellectual midget.

5 Likes

Ran across this new information while refreshing my memory about this race…

8 Likes

10 Likes

As much as I agree, that’s kind of a weak, petty-sounding resolution.

Better would have been a list of anything impeachable that has been made public, ending with “any impeachable offense that investigations into the above uncovers.”

Just “violated the Foreign Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution or committed any other high crime or misdemeanor” sounds like “We don’t care what he did; we just want him gone, and are willing to throw any necessary charges at the wall in order to make that happen.”

And while I agree that he should be gone, “because of, well, whatever you can find that’ll get rid of him” doesn’t sound like a good reason to make such a resolution.

I frankly think it would have been stronger had it just left it at the Emoluments Clause.

5 Likes

I agree. And I cringed when the Dem’s in the house started singing that silly “Hey, Hey, Bye, Bye” song to the Republicans. And when they gloated over the budget thing that just passed.

We are not winning.

And even if we win a battle or two, don’t gloat. Smile, nod and get back to work because there is a lot of work to be done.

Anything else is a distraction or a photo op or editorial for the other side opposing viewpoint

Let the twitter-gallery give guff. The law makers, the city councils, the god damned PTA need keep professional and fix things.

I’ll get off my soapbox now.

14 Likes