A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

17 Likes

I just submitted this to BB, but in case it doesn’t get picked up:

This group has ties with Paul Manafort.

This is how it begins, folks. Guys in blue jackets entering an office, taping paper over the windows, and leaving with boxes.

We could be hitting an inflection point that has people jammed in doorways trying to be the first to get a plea deal.

13 Likes

“It” being…?

1 Like

8 Likes

The shIT hitting the fan.

Maybe the FBI decided to act on what it had, before Trump’s FBI director pick decides that we should stop dwelling on the past and move on.

Maybe the FBI is letting the GOP establishment know that they’re part of this, and might want to cooperate.

10 Likes

10 Likes

I hope someone is catching what is being tossed down the Trump Tower trash shoot right now.

6 Likes

Yes. My comment to my BB submission included the line “not all the popcorn in the world . . .”

7 Likes

Well, if it’s a wrench in the works of the Trump admin, I guess I’m for it. Always hard to feel sure though of what’s going on behind the scenes in moments like this until later. Sometimes decades later.

5 Likes

Could be something else:

“According to Rogers, his firm settled a civil suit brought by the Cuccinelli campaign after he lost that race to Democrat Terry McAuliffe. Rogers said the investigation appears to have stemmed from allegations brought in that suit.”

3 Likes

Hope the search warrant was broad enough to catch more recent activities. :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

This deserves a repost:

15 Likes

I think this sums things up.

17 Likes

Live by the sphincter, die by the sphincter.

8 Likes

This is the model of female empowerment that neoliberalism could accommodate and that neo-nationalism actively celebrates: empowerment that speaks exclusively to wealthy white women of a certain social class, that never for a moment questions or challenges white male supremacy, that never complains, gets angry or has an expensively-bleached hair out of place. Ivanka’s is a feminism that utterly denies the existence of any sort of structural sexism, that refuses to hold men in any way responsible for women’s oppression, that places all the burden of change on the individual, who can, through hard work and sensible dating choices, slightly alter her own life along one narrow groove. It’s feminism for people who’ve been conned into believing that existing in a state of permanent sleep deprivation is the same as being woke.

21 Likes

Flipping the script: when the Rs won’t face their own constituents, the Ds are holding their town halls for them.

14 Likes
15 Likes

LOL!! SNL is luv’n it.

6 Likes

Hilarious

6 Likes

Is Cheri Bustos a Secret Weapon?

“I’m just saying,” she said, “that in a district that Donald Trump won”—and here is the closest the classically Midwest-nice native of Illinois came to a boast—“I won by 20 points.”

‘President Bustos’ has a nice ring to it no? She’s got my vote already.

8 Likes