A Round Up of Resistance to Trump (Part 1)

Breaking news: GOP alleges 3rd-in-line Ryan has a sense of humor

10 Likes

My favorite part is their spokesmen lying with breathless ease about that conversation never having happened, then immediately backpedaling to “haha it was actually just a joke about how transparently the Russian government is manipulating our candidate and trying to influence the election, haha, GET IT‽” as soon as WaPo informed them that the conversation was on tape.

Also interesting: why is the dateline “KIEV, Ukraine”?

7 Likes

I noticed that too. Perhaps someone is looking into Russian connections?

2 Likes

Any lawyers here? Does this “Ha ha! I was just joking!” defense actually hold water? Because it seems pretty lame to me.

“I am going to kill you. Ha ha I was just joking!”
“Trump ate that baby, Ha ha I was just joking!”
“Jared likes little girls. Ha ha I was just joking!”

I mean, come on.

6 Likes
12 Likes

http://www.michaellivingston.com/politicians-treated-badly/

I’ve listed below just 10 (ok, 11) political figures in history who have, in my estimation, been treated far worse than Donald Trump. I likely could’ve kept writing this list all night, but I had to stop somewhere.

Also, trigger warnings for some graphic details.

8 Likes

I need to go rewatch the Bear Who Wasn’t again now; it’s been a few years.

2 Likes

Anita Sarkeesian offers critiques on using problematic body shaming and homophobic tropes when protesting Trump. The unmanning of Trump

8 Likes

I so enjoyed the news this afternoon, with the two stories WaPo and NYT put out within an hour of Air Force One taking off. The situation we’re in isn’t really funny, of course, but you gotta find laughs where you can. TWO SCOOPS, MOTHERFUCKER.

13 Likes

When y’all read about this…

Did you also immediately think of…

8 Likes

No, but now I will :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

This must qualify as resistance.

10 Likes

You know, as much as I like Moore and his message, I couldn’t agree with this more.

Remember how he got booed off the stage at the Academy Awards? Those practically seem like the “good old days” now.

7 Likes

Thhhhhe wheels on the bus
come off, off, off
off, off, off
off, off, off!
We’re talking 'bout the White Housssse!

https://t.co/SyR2i4YRsh

11 Likes

Wife Beater T says it all.

Well, not all. You’d need more T Shirts.

5 Likes
7 Likes

[quote]A Republican operative in Florida received a trove of Democratic documents from the Russia-linked hacker believed to be a key player in the Kremlin’s efforts to influence the 2016 presidential election.

The Wall Street Journal identified the operative as Aaron Nevins, who last summer told hacker Guccifer 2.0 to “feel free to send any Florida based information” after learning that the hacker had tapped into Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee computers.

Nevins set up a Dropbox to allow Guccifer 2.0 to share 2.5 gigabytes of stolen DCCC documents, according to the Journal. The GOP operative then published some of the material on the blog HelloFLA.com, using a pseudonym.

Guccifer 2.0 sent a link to the blog post soon afterwards to Republican operative Roger Stone, a longtime confidante and associate of then-candidate Donald Trump.
[/quote]

8 Likes

Alana wins the internet:

9 Likes

Students say the speaker left entirely unaware of the eighth grade dissidents watching from a distance.

12 Likes

More of those, please. Start em young!

20 Likes