A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

The new plan is magic beans, same as the old plan. Great. What could go wrong?!?

8 Likes

This was a weird Trump moment. Twitter video wonā€™t embed here, but hereā€™s the link.

Spoiler: Trump talks about how awesome Rudy Giuliani is, then suddenly looks left and right, asking ā€œWhereā€™s Rudy??ā€ who is sitting directly across from him, five feet away.

Dementia? Exhaustion?

10 Likes

There have been a lot of edits grooming his wikipedia page today.

1 Like

Woah, he really bugged out there. He asks whereā€™s Rudy looking right and left when Rudy is sitting next to him on the left, then he strokes Rudyā€™s arm, and then puts on a strange worried looking face before recovering.

10 Likes

Just in case youā€™re not aware of this twitter account. Because you should be. Itā€™s a gold mine of insight into Trumpā€™s gang.

https://twitter.com/RoguePOTUSStaff

5 Likes

Good.

His coming demise is inevitable; burn baby burn.

In order to post some good news (and thereby avoid dominating the RESIST thread) thereā€™s this:

13 Likes

Right to sack any brown/poor people who ask for time off on election day.

11 Likes

Yā€™know, as much as I appreciate your insight and valid contributions to the dialog, it would be awesome to see you post something positive in the Resist thread too.

Too much ceaseless negativity all the time can be emotionally draining at best and demoralizing at worst; and the last thing any of us ā€˜residents at ground zeroā€™ (ie all the US citizens who will be the first ones to be detrimentally impacted by this clusterfuck ) is to give up all hope.

The fight is happening right here in our own backyard; and while itā€™s important to be informed of all the immense fuckery going on, itā€™s also important that we keep our heads up and not give in to despair.

1 Like

If I had something positive, Iā€™d post it. At the moment, the only practical responses I can think of involve encryption and oxidising chemistry.

5 Likes

I have a new theory: Trump desperately needs hardcore nerd glasses and refuses to wear them.

5 Likes

Noted.

Check out the first page of ā€˜new wordsā€™ of the day at Urban Dictionary if you want something to cheer you up a bit; scathing snark directed at someone who sorely deserves it always works for me.

:slight_smile:

8 Likes

Nailed it.

8 Likes

Seems like the Rogue Potus Staff account just might be legit.

2 Likes

Nah. He was expected weeks ago.

1 Like

I canā€™t say for sure either, but if nothing else @RoguePOTUSStaff is fascinating (and horrifying) reading. I donā€™t know if itā€™s factual, but itā€™s certainly possible. And in some ways I kind of hope itā€™s true, because the people it describes have weaknesses that may eventually bring them to fall, and fail.

11 Likes

I think itā€™s hilarious that Trump chose a guy whoā€™s been outspoken about his objection to Presidents using executive actions.

8 Likes

Trump didnā€™t choose anyone.

If Trump was choosing heā€™d have picked his sister.

9 Likes
4 Likes

This is not just an affront to organized labor but also a prime example of Orwellian political language. Here we have a proposal, many like it already implemented in several U.S. states, that would dissolve workers protection and bargaining rights yet is labeled as upholding and securing workersā€™ rights.

When it comes to Orwellian language like this, you have to fully resist. No prefacing with the doubt-casting phrase ā€˜so-calledā€™, as in ā€˜these so-called ā€˜right-to-work lawsā€™. These measures eliminate workersā€™ rights. Period. Call them what they are: anti-labor measures designed to repeal your workersā€™ rights.

12 Likes

https://twitter.com/kevinroose/status/826630781892251648

11 Likes