A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

It’s all those leaks. Must be Olestra.

7 Likes

8 Likes

Which is why I, personally, wish people wouldn’t do it.

That’s why I follow

https://twitter.com/RealPressSecBot

so it looks all official

4 Likes

And here I thought that was fake, too.

I mean, how can you blame Dems for obstructing the AHCA when both the House and Senate have taken every possible action they can to lock them out?

Oh, I get it. “Obstructionist Democrats” is the new “Crooked Hillary”.

9 Likes

Recently (probably here on the BBS) I read an old PKD quote -

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.”
― Philip K. Dick

But when I went looking for the quote, I came across another one that felt right

“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to go insane.”
― Philip K. Dick, VALIS

10 Likes

Has the Orange Mound of Sound made it west of the Mississippi yet?

C’mon. it’s just a little river. You still have plenty of states over there that would adulate you.

1 Like

States’ Rights FTW! Unless it’s marijuana.

Of course the irony is by cracking down on medical marijuana the most likely outcome is that the opioid epidemic will only worsen.

13 Likes

It’s only states rights when it’s discriminating against black people. Everyone knows that! /s

12 Likes

Or discriminating against LGBTs, women’s healthcare, refugees, immigrants (legal or otherwise), or anything that’s not beneficial to corporate interests.

ETA Added more items to the list.

12 Likes

We could make a long list, I’m sure. It’s not too hard to establish their hypocrisy on these issues.

5 Likes

Good one from The Root dot com:

“Sessions looked bored out of his mind while Sen. Warner spoke. Like he would have rather been at Paula Deen’s house watching Underground and rooting for the slave owners.” -M. Arceneaux

4 Likes

Well we have fifty years of proof that prosecuting low level drug users is the most effective way to solve the drug problem. /s

9 Likes

maybe it solves the vote “problem”

3 Likes

Thoughts for the day:

• Looks like Sessions is solidly aligned with the Trump faction. Which raises the question: why did they hire Rosenstein? Was it just a careless vetting fuckup?

• The problem with Sessions’ refusal to answer is the same as the problem with Trump’s impeachment.

These aren’t judicial proceedings, they’re political. The punishment for refusing to answer questions is Contempt of Congress charges. The only way to get those is if the GOP votes for them…which they won’t.

Looks like “all conversations with the President are privileged” is the new de facto legal standard.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Not so much a Trumpian event directly but, it looks like the summer heat is sweating out bad intentions.

1 Like

Thankfully no one was severely injured.

Turns out that Trump will tweet something appropriate when the GOP is the victim. I can’t wait to read more about how this is antifa’s fault and more guns are the solution.

4 Likes

Don’t worry 'bout it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/trump-calls-small-island-that-overwhelmingly-supported-him/2017/06/13/4c0cc1a2-506e-11e7-b74e-0d2785d3083d_story.html?utm_term=.aecddbd635da

How can these people who see the effects of climate change on their front door steps every day believe this garbage? Anybody who lives on the Chesapeake Bay will tell you water is rising. Slowly but surely. I know of people that have had to cut out a taller openings in their boathouses to allow for higher water levels seen on high tides. To tell someone that this isn’t happening and not to worry about it is just absurd. Oh and BTW these people will be the first to see the effects of a polluted water system due to EPA cuts and environmental protections being rolled back.

#uggggggh!

14 Likes

What I sometimes hear is, “Oh sure, it might be happening, but there’s no proof that people are causing it.” Uggh indeed.

8 Likes

That was the conservative pivot, now they are trying “the free market will find the solution” but it doesn’t sit as well.

3 Likes