A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

But nice try Mel, really I understand.

1 Like

PUTIN: Ouhgah, Resident Trumpled, vhats wid yor texes, vhy donā€™t you release dehm?

TRUMP: (looking L-R) Not now, not here, tell ya later.

2 Likes

Stacking the courts.

3 Likes

They know their guy Pence will still get to fill those vacancies even if they give Trump the boot, right?

5 Likes

Of course. GOP leaders are in a tough spot. If they move to impeach Trump, they lose his base. If they donā€™t, they lose many independent votes. I donā€™t expect they to give Trump the boot, because it will piss off too many people. But I donā€™t expect them to work with him, either.

1 Like

666 Fifth Ave.

Nothing says good business quite like holding a grudge against an entire country.

"Qatar is facing an ongoing blockade led by Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, and joined by Egypt and Bahrain, which President Trump has taken credit for sparking. Kushner, meanwhile, has reportedly played a key behind-the-scenes role in hardening the U.S. posture toward the embattled nation.

That hardline comes in the wake of the previously unreported half-billion dollar deal that was never consummated. Throughout 2015 and 2016, Jared Kushner and his father, Charles, negotiated directly with a major investor in Qatar, Sheikh Hamad bin Jassim al-Thani, known as HBJ for short, in an effort to refinance the property on Fifth Avenue, the sources said."

Edit: Rex T is on his way to Qatar to try and fix the Gulf ā€œproblemā€. Any bets that Kushner gets his loan after the fix?

6 Likes

So, I recently saw this ā€œmemeā€.

If you donā€™t know geography, itā€™s pretty forgettable. If you do know your geographyā€¦ well

2 Likes

Holy belated responses, Batman!

3 Likes

Soon to be plural Iā€™m sure.

1 Like

This has become stupider than even I ever thought possible.

That line is in the email that Junior posted to Twitter just before the NYT story hit. The reporter who broke the story is having an existential crisis right now:

16 Likes

WTAF? Is this supposed to be some sort of vindication? What kind of bizarro land am I in right now?

6 Likes

This isnā€™t so much the darkest timeline as it is the dumbest.

8 Likes

The more I read this, the more my mind is blown.

Goldstone:

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father. This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but it is part of Russia and its governmentā€™s support for Mr Trump.

Kumquat:

[If] itā€™s what you say I love it especially later this summer.

Goldstone:

Let me know when youā€™re free to talk with Emin by phone about this Hillary info

Goldstone:

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow

Kumquat:

Great. It will likely be Paul Manafort (campaign boss) my brother and me.

How in the fuck is this not collusion with the Russian government? The Kumquat waves his hands and shouts ā€œopposition research!ā€ but surely thereā€™s a different between that and being effectively gifted damaging information from a foreign government, right?

And then he posts this to Twitter as if it were some sort of evidence that everythingā€™s on the up and up? White is black. Up is down. Everything is stupid.

Iā€¦ justā€¦ canā€™tā€¦ evenā€¦

17 Likes

ā€œIn private, sources inside the White House arenā€™t even pretending itā€™s ok.ā€ -Axios

3 Likes

Itā€™s so much more hilarious than I could ever imagine.

He posted them because the NYTimes informed him that they were going to run the emails. Iā€™m guessing that he posted on Twitter to try and one-up the NYTimes. Pretty childish. Like his father.

4 Likes

Butā€¦ how does this even help him? If the NYT publishes them he could scream ā€œFAKE NEWS!!~!!ONE@!ā€ and ā€œbreach of privacy!!!@#$@@!ā€ but by publishing them on his ownā€¦ well, itā€™s right up there with the Senior Orange talking about ā€œtapesā€ and basically waiving any ability to claim executive privilege.

Is it possible that the Kumquat is even dumber than the Orange?

9 Likes

[scratching head] ā€¦like a headline states over on Jezebel:

#ā€œDonald Trump Jr. Releases Incredibly Incriminating Emails For Some Reason, I Donā€™t Know, What the Hellā€

9 Likes

The bumblefuckery is definitely escalating toward ā€œYakety Saxā€-tier absurdity at this point.

5 Likes

Rotten fruit doesnā€™t fall far from the tainted tree.

12 Likes