A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Damnit! A pusher of Scientology quackery moving into position. Fffffffffffck!

Also this:

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/buzzfeednews/status/912468823441260551

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/samswey/status/912436672545087490

3 Likes

WTF, Canada?

https://twitter.com/xychelsea/status/912335895344402432

1 Like

PR and Debt

ā€œYou donā€™t put debt above people, you put people above debt,ā€ San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz

5 Likes

Did this motherfucker just copy and paste his justification for slashing medicaid onto a whole territory?

Fuck you and your fucking basic-ass, racist obsession with the protestant ethic you dirty-ass piece of shit corrupt demon spirit of capitalism.

Fuck.

7 Likes

What do you think would happen if you pull up to a tertiary border station and they pull up a criminal background check and ā€œEspionage (See: Treason)ā€ hits the screen?

Hopefully that can be unblocked, but itā€™ll probably have to go up to minister or higher level.

The US blocked Rob Ford after he admitted to cocaine use, but wasnā€™t convicted. (I think thereā€™s a thread for that.)

5 Likes

Lost in Translation

ā€œNorth Korean government officials have been quietly trying to arrange talks with Republican-linked analysts in Washington, in an apparent attempt to make sense of President Trump and his confusing messages to Kim Jong Unā€™s regime.ā€

Yeah, good luck with that.

3 Likes

Iā€™d expect them to recognise the name and kick it upstairs. Chelsea didnā€™t just stroll up to the border; they had time to check with the political bosses.

Chelsea was just on a temporary visit, but Canada needs to be ready to deal with US political asylum seekers.

2 Likes

ā€¦actually, she may have attempted the crossing with no warning. Unsure if sheā€™d done any paperwork in advance.

2 Likes

Fake news writer ā€œPaul Horner was found dead in his bed earlier this month.ā€

Hmmm, Foul Play? Suicide? Accidental?

ā€œMy sites were picked up by Trump supporters all the time,ā€ Horner said. ā€œI think Trump is in the White House because of me.

ā€œHis followers donā€™t fact-check anything ā€” theyā€™ll post everything, believe anything. His campaign manager posted my story about a protester getting paid $3,500 as fact. Like, I made that up. I posted a fake ad on Craigslist.ā€

5 Likes

Good. He did nothing but hurt the world and indirectly ruin lives.

1 Like

I donā€™t think Canada should have a policy of routinely denying entry to people who have committed crimes in the United States. The criminal justice system in the US is used as a political tool to suppress votes of undesirable voters, and I donā€™t think Canada should respect it. I also think the rigidity of the rules around denying people entry based on crimes makes much sense. Iā€™ve looked them over and they seems overly cautious (if thatā€™s the right word, which it isnā€™t).

All that being said, Chelsea Manning being refused at the border under the current rules was inevitable. The people working at the border are not empowered to make the kind of decision that would be required to allow her entry. Apparently George W. Bush sent in a request to be allowed to enter the country because of his DUI conviction.

Iā€™m going to write to my Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship and ask him to proactively reach out clarify the process and proactively reach out to Manning. The supposed goal of not letting criminals into the country is not letting people in the county who would commit crimes while here. Despite the on-paper severity of the ā€œcrimeā€ Manning committed, there is no reason to think that she is any threat to Canadians.

11 Likes

cc Your MP as well (unless the Minister is your MP, I donā€™t know your riding and not sure who the Minister is, currently). The Minister isnā€™t obligated to care, your MP technically is.

Plus, the more recipients, the harder it is to ignore.

P.S. For any Canadian wanting to know about government decisions:

https://atip-aiprp.apps.gc.ca/atip/welcome.do

2 Likes

Oh, I CCā€™d my MP alright!

Also, I took Manningā€™s case as a launching point to raise my concern about a general policy of predicting future criminality based on past convictions. That would be a violation of the rights of a Canadian, so I donā€™t see why we do it to foreigners. (I mean, I do see why we do it to foreigners, but I donā€™t think itā€™s right)

4 Likes

Thanks for the fish but, no thanks. For nowā€¦

"While it is unclear how much oil the sanctuaries contain, the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management estimates that the Pacific Offshore Continental Shelf holds 10 billion barrels ā€“ enough to last the United States nearly two years. Some of that oil may overlap with marine sanctuaries off Californiaā€™s coast.

But the industry has little interest in drilling there.

ā€œOur members are not currently pursuing this opportunity,ā€ said Catherine Reheis-Boyd, the president of the Western States Petroleum Association, referring to four marine sanctuaries off Californiaā€™s coast that are under review."

On the way out the door: ā€œWeā€™ll get back to you once weā€™ve depleted our land based operations.ā€

2 Likes

Christ on a pogo stick.

8 Likes

Very good review of the Juggalo march in this weekā€™s IGD podcast:

https://itsgoingdown.org/revenge-of-the-juggalos/

1 Like
3 Likes