A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

worth reading til the end.

3 Likes

Get a load of the kekistan flag in the background of this shot:

Dear internet shitlords: if your “irony” is so indistinguishable from genuine espousal that the group you’re “ironically” paying homage to adopts your symbols, you’re not actually being ironic.

9 Likes

It’s a global and viral situation.

There was a “Straight Lives Matter” rally in Sydney last week. Plus an antifa turnout in response. The Australian right are now trying to manufacture their own Kaepernick controversy out of thin air.

Homophobic violence is going through the roof, and the Australian left and right are radicalising at a ferocious rate.

Take them all seriously. There ain’t no such thing as a “just for fun” fascist.

2 Likes

People with profile are beginning to catch on…

5 Likes
8 Likes

1 Like

#2 is the shakiest point and is listed too prominently on that list. Almost all sources of news are anonymous. That is an excellent list though, click those links!

2 Likes

It’s true that sources are often anonymous. That doesn’t mean that the advice not to trust anonymous sources is not good advice.

I’d also say it sits at about the right place in the list.

The list starts with warnings about what not to do (points 1-3) (interspersed with pop-culture-friendly semi-joking advice).

Then it provides advice on how to try to check the information being presented (points 5-7) before reiterating the advice about not blindly trusting the information presented (point 8) and warning against making it worse yourself (point 9).

So - classic drafting order. First set up what the problem is, then explain what to do about it, then summarise your points and finish with a call to action - in this case a negative one.

Not trusting anonymous sources is good advice and needs to appear early because it really sets up everything else. If the source is anonymous, you pretty much can’t check it.

Nor can you be sure that you are actually comparing multiple sources - they might all be quoting the same source.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this one is an entire Trump Bingo card all in one. A “Hole in one” if you will…

4 Likes

I already posted this in the “Resisting Propaganda” thread, but it needs more exposure.

Essential reading.

2 Likes
2 Likes

FTRUMPK

“A Virginia man has lost an appeal to keep his personalized license plate which reads “FTRU MPK” because it appears to contain an obscene message about President Donald Trump.”

“Now, DMV Commissioner Richard Holcomb has issued a four-page ruling, dissecting the argument over the meaning of the personalized plate.”

“You asserted that the “F” and “K” when read together meant “flunk,” the grade that you as a former teacher give Donald Trump as President of the United States,” Holcomb wrote.

"However, Holcomb described in several paragraphs that he believed the “F” and “K” stand for a word other than “flunk.”

ftrumpk

OMFG

2 Likes

The United States today voted “no” on an international resolution by the UN to condemn the use of the death penalty to punish homosexuality.

8 Likes

I had to keep checking the address bar to make sure I wasn’t reading The Onion.

Notable lines (emphasis mine):

“Every death is a horror, but if you look at a real catastrophe like Katrina, and you look at the tremendous — hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people that died, and you look at what happened here, with really a storm that was just totally overpowering, nobody’s ever seen anything like this,” Trump said, before turning to a local official to ask how many people had died in storm. “What is your death count as of this moment? 17? 16 people certified, 16 people versus in the thousands.”

He took a walking tour of Guaynabo, a municipality south of San Juan, stopping to pose for photos with locals and chat about the hurricane and basketball. As he finished talking with one family, he told them: “Have a good time.”

Trump stood behind a table filled with relief supplies, including flashlights, rice and paper towels. At one point, he started tossing rolls of paper towels into the crowd as if they were basketballs.

“And in Texas and in Florida, we get an A-plus. And I’ll tell you what, I think we’ve done just as good in Puerto Rico, and it’s actually a much tougher situation. But now the roads are cleared, communications is starting to come back. We need their truck drivers to start driving trucks.”

6 Likes

Again, where is that fucking meteor?!!!

8 Likes

I keep wondering about that more and more, as this nonsense continues to go on unabated.

3 Likes

What the fuck is up with disaster and Trump playing in / having trucks on the brain? This is, I swear, the 4th or 5th time that’s happened.

6 Likes

Next time they let him play with one at the White House, they should just leave the parking brake off. I’m sure he’d be happier.

3 Likes

When I heard NPR run this quote earlier today, my head snapped around towards the radio as I straight up yelled, with my arms wide open, “ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?”.

Fucking stroke out already, you fucking demented, amoral, bloviating, twit rocket fuck.

9 Likes

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulín Cruz, who has been deeply critical of the government’s relief efforts and whom Trump has criticized on Twitter, also joined Trump for his first briefing on the island.

Okay, I was wrong. Unless… Was she in one of those plexiglass boxes for difficult defendants in criminal cases, with a switchable mic?