A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Congress’s war on women quietly continues.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Words fail me.

6 Likes

To be fair (?!?!?) the resolution was about more than that. It was generally kind of a “Maybe people who use the death penalty shouldn’t do that?!?” So it’s no wonder the US voted against, since considering not killing people anymore as a state is way beyond the capacity of that country.

6 Likes

Yeah, they clarified that this is something they’ve voted against in the past due to it being a massively broad resolution with stuff in it they disagreed with.

The unfortunate thing is that the WH and Nikki Haley refused to comment when they made the vote, so even as it was explicitly framed as “The US is voting against condemning the death penalty for homosexuality”, they didn’t bother clarifying, so it’s kinda on them all the way.

4 Likes

I 100% agree. This is all on them, and everyone has the right to point out any of the things they voted against. Like you said, it’s not like there was any effort to clarify. “The US voted against condemning the use of the death penalty on pregnant women” would be a totally fair headline as well, because it’s what happened.

Honestly my “to be fair” was really just expressing my frustration that the US continues to use the death penalty. I mean, if we look through the full resolution and consider what provision would have put the US off, I have to ask myself, was it the part where they asked countries not to execute people with intellectual disabilities? Was it the part where they ask countries to look into whether their practices of executing people are discriminatory based on race or ethnicity?

It’s not like there is any way to cast this in a favourable light. It’s just terrible through and through.

10 Likes

B-b-but he said he was a friend to LGBT people! gasp

5 Likes
2 Likes

Fucking disgusting.

Although federal law, including Title VII, provides various protections to transgender individuals, Title VII does not prohibit discrimination based on gender identity per se.

This department remains committed to protecting the civil and constitutional rights of all individuals, and will continue to enforce the numerous laws that Congress has enacted that prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.

In other words, “as long as you present yourself as the gender matching your birth certificate, we’ll protect you against gender-based discrimination. Otherwise, it’s just like, so complicated! We just can’t even… yeah, you’re own your own, pal. Totes sorry!”

2 Likes

Masha starts at 4:20.

2 Likes

The War on Women continues.

I bet they will happily continue to pay money for boner pills, though.

I guess if they can’t repeal ACA they will just try to sabotage it every way they can.

4 Likes

There will be few attending trump’s funeral when he’s all said and done.

3 Likes

Not true! There will be many attending to be certain that he’s dead.

9 Likes

I envision a variation of the three volley salute but aimed into the casket.

5 Likes

What is who are you I can’t even with this fucking asshole Trump sack of shit

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/article/Trump-plays-with-Spanish-accent-celebrates-12258704.php

6 Likes

He really is everybody’s racist uncle.

2 Likes

snl-drunk-unc-fab

2 Likes

Oh, I’m gonna dance so hard and so loudly when that fucker is finally worm food.

7 Likes

Tus papeles, por favor.

1 Like

Mark Bray on the IGD podcast this week:

https://twitter.com/igd_news/status/916393962964840448

Good stuff.

1 Like