A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

1 Like

EDIT: see this thread.

TLDR summary: Deandre Harris has been arrested and charged, but the warrant wasnā€™t issued by the Charlottesville cops. One of the Nazis got a local pro-fascist judge to issue a warrant for him.

7 Likes

There arenā€™t enough Alan Rickman Flipping A Table gifs in the observable universe.

11 Likes

That is jaw-dropping.

3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

Headline of the week.

7 Likes

https://twitter.com/dabaggin/status/917500895784525825

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/lanadelraytheon/status/917709069518901249

7 Likes
4 Likes

For what itā€™s worth:

5 Likes

Being ā€œcentristā€ while having a Pepe avatar is somewhat silly

Being ā€œcentristā€ while having a Jame Damore avatar is absurd.

I think there is a realistic chance of 25th Amendment, but only if his actions become imminently dangerous.

I donā€™t mind psychiatrists commenting on how volatile and dangerous Trump appears to be as long they donā€™t diagnose him with a mental illness and give out information about what mental illness really means.

Mental illness itself does not involve an incapacity to carry out a duty. Itā€™s really the specific symptoms, the severity of the symptoms, and the particular combination ofā€¦ impulsivity, recklessness, an inability to accept facts, rage reactions, an attraction to violence, a proneness to incite violence ā€” all these things are signs of danger.

I think thatā€™s a pretty reasonable response in the interview. They arenā€™t saying ā€œTrump has a mental illness and is therefore unfitā€ they are saying, ā€œTrump is impulsive, prone to rage and drawn to violence and is therefore unfit.ā€ Their professional experience gives that assessment some additional weight.

I am a very mentally ill person and I get very annoyed at people for acting like mental illness is some proxy for violence or incompetence. But I do think psychiatrists are probably more qualified than average people to distinguish behaviour that is troubling from behaviour that is not troubling. I mean, from everything I can read about it, they were totally right about Goldwater.

4 Likes

Fucking moron indeed.

7 Likes

Personally, I would have titled it ā€œhow the corporate media is conspiring to import American fascism into Australiaā€.

2 Likes

Has there been any presidential comment on this yet, or is soccer mostly a liberal thing and Ian St John was right when he said that āŠ„rump didnā€™t have a clue about it?

Trinidad_and_Tobago_2-1_USA_-BBC_Sport-_2017-10-11_18_17_53

1 Like

"I hate everyone in the White House!" -DT

"Even before Corkerā€™s remarks, some West Wing advisers were worried that Trumpā€™s behavior could cause the Cabinet to take extraordinary Constitutional measures to remove him from office. Several months ago, according to two sources with knowledge of the conversation, former chief strategist Steve Bannon told Trump that the risk to his presidency wasnā€™t impeachment, but the 25th Amendmentā€”the provision by which a majority of the Cabinet can vote to remove the president. When Bannon mentioned the 25th Amendment, Trump said, ā€œWhatā€™s that?ā€ According to a source, Bannon has told people he thinks Trump has only a 30 percent chance of making it the full term.

Whatā€™s that? The sound of insanity.

Oh, and obviously he STILL hasnā€™t read the US Constitution.

7 Likes

Forget spurring Mueller to wrap up the investigation, the WH cabinet needs to invoke the 25th right the hell fucking now.

8 Likes

Smells like Eau de Fascist. Oh wait, heā€™s ā€œjust asking questionsā€.

9 Likes

Did Trudeau keep a straight face? :wink:

Milo just needs to get a clue; he has no talent aside from being an insufferable provocateur and his 15 minutes are up.

1 Like