A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

According to Roll Call, by 5 p.m. on October 17, the White House had asked and received information from the Pentagon that indicated “senior White House aides were aware on the day the president made the statement that it was not accurate—but that they should try to make it accurate as soon as possible, given the gathering controversy.”

Retcon anyone?

3 Likes

Trick question, right? He acts like he believes to such a degree that it doesn’t matter what he “really believes”.

3 Likes

Thread on the historical connection between US anticommunism/Russophobia and white supremacy:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/mattbruenig/status/922178105204146181

4 Likes

Thread:

4 Likes

3 Likes

https://amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/21/harry-belafonte-we-shall-overcome-trump

In electing Donald Trump, he said, “the country made a mistake and I think the next mistake might very well be the gas chamber and what happened to Jews [under] Hitler is not too far from our door.”

6 Likes

America first?

“A new analysis by Steve Rosenthal of the Tax Policy Center finds that tax cuts benefitting foreigners who own stock in US companies will total about $70 billion a year. In contrast, middle-income households in the US will only see $23 billion in savings, according to his organization’s preliminary estimates.”

I trust that 'murica is ok with this.

6 Likes

Fun fact; the bigoted uncles on my mom’s side of the family?

They whole-heartedly believed MLK Jr was a commie…

7 Likes

The last week condensed:

4 Likes
3 Likes

If I were the owner or an employee at ‘Pappy’s’, I’d be having a word with FB regarding the apparent solicitation of violence they’re letting slide.

ETA: And the UC Berkeley authorities as well; the bar he listed is basically located on campus.

2 Likes

Well, he’s going to have problems getting that beer. Chapman is banned from Pappy’s; the police and the Alameda DA are aware of the situation.

Also, he doesn’t provide a time to meet. As a Nazi, shouldn’t you be more obsessed with precision and timekeeping, Kyle? Sad! LOSER!

3 Likes

Thread:

4 Likes
2 Likes

There are some very weird subcultural/political interactions happening these days.

3 Likes

Well, they weren’t totally wrong… :wink:

4 Likes

We are missing more voices like this in the world.
No wonder this kind of voices are being suppressed today, it is a threat to traditional economic systems.

Well, Mr Corker get off your ass and do something about it. Start impeachment proceedings, limit his power, shut him down. Put your money where your mouth is M’fkr.

6 Likes

Response headline: “Nation says Corker will be remembered for debasing himself to get Trump elected.”

2 Likes