A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

I canā€™t like. JFC, this is goddamn terrifying. Whatā€™s even worse are the number of tacit supporters these guys still have: the ones who smile, wave and do business with them, even if they donā€™t admit to being Nazis.

4 Likes

This is bad. If you donā€™t think this is that bad, then you have no clue how much of a role media plays in shaping reality:

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/aedwardslevy/status/923214548886282240

4 Likes

My Dad had flown for the Navy in a part of the early days of the SAC, with a tactical nuke slung under his single engine, propeller driven airplane. He made sure I grew up fairly terrified of nuclear apocalypse and the Russki threat.

1 Like
3 Likes
2 Likes

Also covers free speech and academic freedom issues.

1 Like

The only thing I miss about the Bush years was having a president that believed in governing and didnā€™t bring about daily existential dead every day they were in office. Thatā€™s a pretty low bar.

Thereā€™s basically nothing else I miss about the Bush years. He was a fucking awful president that did lasting and real damage to the country and world as a whole. The fact that people on the left are waxing nostalgia for the years he was in office is demonstrating some extreme ignorance.

8 Likes

I knew when 45 decided early on to delegate all military responsibility to his generals after the Yemen shit show that this would be an easy way to pass the buck.

So much for ā€œthe buck stops hereā€.

8 Likes

From a post I made on another site in July:

2 Likes
3 Likes

https://twitter.com/TrailPotter/status/923217293915561984

2 Likes

MSNBC slowly accepting reality?

Part of it, anyway. Heā€™s probably still thinking of the midterms.

5 Likes

Speaking as a kid from the Reagan ā€œJust Say Noā€ era: just what is he smoking?

7 Likes

Also from that same era.

ā€˜Just say noā€™ doesnā€™t work; not for drugs, not for sex, and clearly not for electing incompetent, corrupt egomaniacs to the highest office in the land.

Despite his rep as a teetotaller, I ardently hope heā€™s on some kind of mind altering substance; it would make so senseā€¦

5 Likes

Even if heā€™s sober now, we might be seeing what decades of using vast amounts of cocaine do to your brain.

6 Likes

Good point.

2 Likes

8039BF49-75F7-452F-986C-B8C4AB945132

5 Likes

Isnā€™t the just say no campaign WHY people took drugs in the 80s and 90s?

7 Likes