A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Do you ever get the feeling the American future is in the hands of very bad people?

Maybe the rest of the world will stage an intervention.

2 Likes

Given that the satellites in question were being used by the world’s scientists as the most vital devices to monitor polar ice shrinkage, it’s the entire world’s future that’s in the hands of vindictive people, yes. And you can guarantee the rest of the world will be talking about how to handle it during the upcoming climate talks.

4 Likes

Military intervention is of course out of the question for the (not so) unforeseeable future.
But by 2030 i expect/hope there will be strong, worldwide economic sanctions against the US, that is unless WW3 is already underway by then…

(I am talking about a hypothetical 2030 where all the worst trends in the US continue or worsen the next 12 years)

3 Likes

We’re living in a time where all the Bond villains have won.

3 Likes

Saturday is Remembrance day, which in the last 16 years has become a festival of dulce et decorum est pro patria mori for British nationalists. Some genius decided that Friday night was ideal for an England vs Germany football “friendly”.

I hope that it is uneventful, football scores aside, but I have low expectations. If the nationalists stick to singing two world wars and one world cup, I’d consider it a good night. :frowning:

also

1 Like

Yesterday:

Today:

6 Likes

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a human head hitting a desk — forever.

9 Likes

we have a .gif for that…

8 Likes

The turn against Trump was swift by GOP in VA.

5 Likes

I hope that was the key to his loss… apparently, he avoided Trump, but ran on very Trumpian issues. Maybe these issues are starting to wear thin?

grumpy-cat-good

5 Likes

Potential Trumpian event:

3 Likes

Wow. That’s complete bullshit.

1 Like

Trump SoHo: A Shiny Hotel Wrapped In Glass, But Hiding Mysteries

A hotel behind veils

In fact, at Trump SoHo, a lot remains unknown, including the project’s true source of funding.

But now the man whose name brands the hotel — Donald Trump — lives in the White House. And his financial ties reportedly are being investigated by Department of Justice special counsel Robert Mueller in connection with a larger probe into possible ties between Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and Russian officials.

Note this: In a lawsuit, Bayrock’s former finance director Jody Kriss portrays the firm as a money-laundering operation, used to conceal transfers of illicit funds and disguise them as legitimate real estate transactions. He also alleges that cash infusions from overseas were fraudulently portrayed as loans to help the firm’s principals evade taxes.
[…]

And the American Heritage Academy, a two-campus charter school also located in Arizona, describes itself as a “unique educational experience with old-fashioned principles that have worked for hundreds of years.” The school boasts a list of “Principles of Liberty” that include “The role of religion is foundational,” “To protect rights God revealed certain divine laws,” and “Free market and minimal government best support prosperity.” You might think that these egregious examples of church-school fusion are anomalies in the emerging charter school universe. But they are not. The charter school movement has provided shelter for religious and ideological activists who have specific theological and political goals for public education. Many of them are opposed to the very idea of public schools in the first place.

sort of like this?

5 Likes

The opening twenty minutes of this week’s Intercepted podcast is extremely worthwhile.

2 Likes

Thesis:

Antithesis:

2 Likes

Seth Abramson lays out a narrative that ends in pee tapes, the kompromat that (it’s claimed) Putin maneuvered Trump into providing.

I can’t evaluate the sources, but Abramson gives a lot of detail and the basic narrative is now festooned with a lot of facts.

2 Likes

There are now so many ways this all ends with a bang.
I just cannot imagine a level-headed response to the Russian fuckery, when (not if) the whole house of card that is the US administrationi collapses.

5 Likes

Police shootings of unarmed Black kids barely even get noticed anymore. They’re just routine events.

A story like this floats through my feeds every few days.

5 Likes

Speaking of which…

2 Likes