A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

WP summarizes what we know about Russian interference in the 2016 election.

1 - Yes, it happened.

2 - Putin’s primary objectives - destabilize democracy and prevent Clinton presidency - were achieved.

3 - Other objectives - lift sanctions on Russia - not achieved.

4 - Trump has been briefed multiple times by U.S. intel agency leadership and by members of his own inner circle – but Trump remains unable or unwilling to acknowledge and act on this circumstance.

Choice quotes:

Current and former officials said that his daily intelligence update — known as the president’s daily brief, or PDB — is often structured to avoid upsetting him.

“Putin has to believe this was the most successful intelligence operation in the history of Russian or Soviet intelligence,” said Andrew Weiss, a former adviser on Russia in the George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton administrations who is now at the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace. “It has driven the American political system into a crisis that will last years.”

8 Likes
3 Likes

Pence was told to fuck off by people in the ME was more likely the reason he’s not going. The tax scam is going to pass without without him unfortunately.

1 Like

Here’s hoping that McCain stays in the hospital and the two moderate R’s vote no (I refuse to believe they are dumb enough to think they will actually get any of the concessions they were promised).

It’s really the only hope we have right now for this shit show to not pass.

2 Likes

If I were Collins I’d take great pleasure in holding the whole thing up until I got what I was promised.

But I’ve long since learned I’m not like a lot of other people. :\     Especially not politicians.

EDIT: Actually (and obviously) if I were voting I’d be a hard no and fuck-you-for-trying.

1 Like

"If Rubio votes against the bill, Republicans can only lose one other lawmaker if they hope to pass the final bill.
Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) previously voted against the Senate tax bill, and no Democrats support it.

Republicans are also worried about the health of two of their 52 members — Sen. John McCain (Ariz.) and Sen. Thad Cochran (R-(Miss.)."

7 Likes

I think the best hope is that some Republican just decides to extend a middle finger to Trump.

I’d tell them I was going to vote yes to make them think it would pass, vote no, and give the finger to McConnell.

But I think there is a reason I’m not a Republican senator. (There are a number of reasons)

6 Likes

From the article:

Democrats and Republicans both criticized the amendment because it would have raised the corporate tax rate further.

What the fuck Democrats?

10 Likes

I like your thinking very much. :thumbsup:

2 Likes

I know about McCain, but what’s up with Cochran?

In the House, Mo Brooks announced that he has prostate cancer and apparently it’s an aggressive form. Fuck cancer, but also it’s not unjust for someone working so hard to make sure others go without health care to desperately need health care himself.

5 Likes

From what I can gather it’s “just” some cosmetic surgery.

"Cochran had “an outpatient procedure Monday afternoon to address a non-Melanoma lesion on his nose,” his spokesman Chris Gallegos told CNN. “The procedure was more extensive than expected, but the senator is doing well and available now for votes if needed.” -CNN

1 Like

It’s the supply side economics party vs the bigoted supply side economics party (not that this is unique to America, more like everyone but Iceland).

5 Likes

Hear tell the docs had a bit of trouble extracting and cleaning up after discovering a huge cache of impacted rich people’s manure in that there nose.

6 Likes

“How many combat drops?”
“Two. Including this one.”

7 Likes

Same education as this guy?

FlyTrap

4 Likes

Has that guy caught any flies yet?

5 Likes

Yeah, I am entitled to the money that I have put into it.

4 Likes

“You guys been hanging out at the aquarium?”
(a Lynda Barry gag)

3 Likes

So I imagine if I were more verse in dermatology I would have heard this phrase before and I might recognize it as something people say.

But “non-Melanoma” sure sounds like they are writing, “He had a minor surgery but it sure wasn’t cancer. No sir! Not cancer!”

3 Likes