A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Thatā€™s quite a tag-team to do what border patrol and law enforcement couldnā€™t do separately:

• Police couldnā€™t do a mass stopā€™nā€™sniff.
  • Border patrol couldnā€™t bust citizens for drug offenses.

Still, it wouldnā€™t be the full trifecta of abuse of powers until they worked out a sharing arrangement for proceeds of ā€œcivil forfeitureā€.

8 Likes

https://www.axios.com/russia-threatens-to-block-youtube-and-instagram-over-oligarch-tapes-1518532695-01bf1d76-3603-49f1-b2bb-8552aa6b2d22.html

ā€œRussiaā€™s internet providers donā€™t have the ability to block specific URLs, meaning that the entire country risks losing access to the platforms if the original publishers donā€™t take the videos down by Feb. 14.ā€

An entire country not being able to watch Paul Logan taser a dead rat is just horrifying. /s

5 Likes

But if Russia blocks YouTube, where will BoingBoing get most of its terrifying-road-incident-video posts?

5 Likes

LiveJournal (itā€™s one of the few places where itā€™s still popular)

Not coincidentally, LJ got bought by a Russian company and changed its TOS to comply with Putinā€™s hatred of gay people, so the bulk of its remaining non-Russian user base fled to less intolerant pastures.

To swing back on topic, I thought Republicans were against Big Government telling people what they could and couldnā€™t do, because that was tyranny.

Oh wait, itā€™s only tyranny if youā€™re rich, my bad.

10 Likes

For folks living outside of the US, this is what prime time television here looks like

6 Likes

This is not troubling, no, not at all.

Those foods would include shelf-stable milk, juice, grains, cereals, pasta, peanut butter, beans and canned meat, fruits and vegetables, according to the USDA.

Mmm, mm. Love that canned meat -spam?- and canned peaches drowned in high-fructose whatever instead of those yucky fresh ones.

And how would those be delivered? Wouldnā€™t those boxes be stolen from doorsteps with the same frequently as Amazon packages?

4 Likes

Come on, would hungry people steal food?

/s

7 Likes

Iā€™m a proud Soylent drinker, and even I see where this is goingā€¦

3 Likes
2 Likes

Part of me wants to imagine this as a (very stupid) make-work project for the USPS, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™ll get pawned off onto FedEx or UPS for like six times the price because Republicans hate the USPS for some inexplicable reason. Which means 90% of people will probably have to get to the depot and wait in line for their monthly bread allotment USDA-approved corn supplement Blue Apron For Poorsā„¢ box. Assuming it isnā€™t stolen.

5 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes

Big Brother has long been a guilty pleasure of mine. That said I couldnā€™t even make it halfway through the first episode of this session before being like, ā€œnah, Iā€™m good.ā€

I didnā€™t expect much in the way of celebrities, like maybe one of the Lesser Baldwins or like Heidi Montag or some other washed up TV personality as a ā€œbig nameā€. Even with my low expectations I was hugely underwhelmed with the cast. When fucking Omarosa on her apology tour is your big draw, you done fucked up.

1 Like
1 Like

See how immigrants are always involved in crime?!?

5 Likes

Because his team would kick them out.

8 Likes

Sorry, funds NOT available

trump%20tiny%20hands%20yelling

9 Likes

Come ON, Democrats, call them out on this, please.

Show some fucking guts!

8 Likes

Isnā€™t this Chain Migration?

6 Likes