A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

ā€œMelania Trumpā€™s parents are legal permanent residents, raising questions about whether they relied on ā€˜chain migrationā€™ā€

ā€œImmigration experts said Viktor and Amalija Knavs very likely relied on a family reunification process that President Trump has derided as ā€œchain migrationā€ and proposed ending in such cases.ā€

8 Likes

Itā€™s effective, sure ā€“ but I wouldnā€™t call intentionally injecting a toxin into your face that happens to deaden nerve connections to be healthy.

2 Likes

Interesting article about the history of the NRA and how ā€“ much like the Republican party ā€“ itā€™s been twisted and reshaped over the years into becoming something truly awful.

http://www.cracked.com/article_25195_how-nra-lost-its-mind.html

(not sure why itā€™s not oneboxing)

3 Likes

At a guess, a blank og:description. Other than that, itā€™s pretty horrible HTML.

1 Like

Something definitely changed in young people this year when it came to recognizing propaganda

Dina Leygerman, writing on Medium:

Every year, before I teach 1984 to my seniors, I run a simulation. Under the guise of ā€œthe common good,ā€ I turn my classroom into a totalitarian regime; I become a dictator. I tell my seniors that in order to battle ā€œSenioritis,ā€ the teachers and admin have adapted an evidence-based strategy, a strategy that has ā€œbeen implemented in many schools throughout the country and has had immense success.ā€ I hang posters with motivational quotes and falsified statistics, and provide a false narrative for the problem that is ā€œSenioritis.ā€ I tell the students that in order to help them succeed, I must implement strict classroom rules.

This year, they were having none of this shit:

Iā€™ve done this experiment numerous times, albeit not consecutively, and every year I have similar results. This year, however, the results were different. This year, a handful of students did fall in line as always. The majority of students, however, rebelled. By day two of the simulation, the students were contacting members of administration, writing letters, and creating protest posters. They were organizing against me and against the admin.

15 Likes

Major Bullshit

ā€œIf you had a teacher who is adept at firearms you very well could end it very quickly.ā€ ā€” Trump on preventing future school shootings

That approach is all about selling more guns not saving lives. Itā€™s more bullshit.

5 Likes
12 Likes
2 Likes

Escalation and making policy on their own it seems.

School kids with grievances and guns: ā€œIā€™m going to need a bigger gunā€

Edit: After watching Sheriff Israel tonight on the CNN Town Hall I am convinced he has the right things in mind. His goal is to make these kids and their teachers feel safe.

3 Likes

8 Likes

And what happens when a teacher snaps? Behind them, have a vice-principal with an assault shotgun?

Besides, the school had an armed guard. Just how saturated with guns do schools have to be?

7 Likes

Yes and what is the difference between a student with a gun and some grievances and a teacher with a gun and some grievances?

If youā€™ve been to places like Ecuador or Nicaragua youā€™ve seen the guard towers placed outside of stores, malls and restaurantsā€¦

3 Likes

7 Likes

More likely than not youā€™re going to have accidental shootings done by teachers.

Being ā€œadept at firearmsā€ is completely orthogonal to being able to kill somebody.

Iā€™m actually a pretty good shot (thanks to years of video game practice no doubt) but shooting at paper targets is a far different thing than shooting at a real person.

6 Likes

Or a teacher leaves a loaded gun in a drawer and goes to the washroom/staffroom ā€œfor a momentā€.

7 Likes
12 Likes
4 Likes

The gen z snark game is STRONG

6 Likes

Talk about moving the goalposts

7 Likes

Guess what 'murica, your corn business is popping into thin air:

8 Likes