A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

7 Likes
5 Likes

Iā€™m about as far from an economist as you can get and even Iā€™m astounded by the level of ignorance and denialism on display here.

I see absolutely no way this will do anything to create jobs or improve the economy (which wasnā€™t bad to begin with). Trade deficits need not be a bad thing!

5 Likes

Naturally Alex Jones now has a conspiracy theory that CNN wants YouTube to ban him, and all his many channels.

Tempting, but no. This is just freedom of association and an invisible backhand from the market place.

4 Likes

Holy shit. He just played into Colbertā€™s hands haha

Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) called Stephen Colbertā€™s jokes about him on a sketch for The Late Show a ā€œdanger.ā€ ā€œThis is the danger that we have in this country,ā€ Nunes told Fox Newsā€™ Neil Cavuto on Saturday when asked about the jokes. ā€œThe left controls not only the universities in this country, but they also control Hollywood in this country, and the mainstream media, so conservatives in this country are under attackā€¦ they attack people who are trying to get to the truth.ā€

7 Likes

Once the news of Xi Jinping broke, you just knew weā€™d be hearing this from Trump.

President Trump told donors on Saturday that Chinaā€™s president, Xi Jinping, was now ā€œpresident for life,ā€ and added: ā€œI think itā€™s great. Maybe weā€™ll want to give that a shot someday.ā€

7 Likes

Thatā€™s true. We should help him out a little there:

ā€œCold. Cold. Cold. Getting colder. Still getting colderā€¦ā€

1 Like
6 Likes
7 Likes

Yeah, letā€™s repeal the 22nd amendment.

5 Likes

Itā€™s a shame heā€™s self-funded.

1 Like

My Alternate Universe Wikipedia browser extension says: In that reality, Bill Clinton has been in the White House since shortly after Reagan resigned in the mid-'90s due to health problems.

3 Likes

I joke but the 22nd amendment was basically a fuck you from the Republican party in retaliation for 12 years of FDR.

On the other hand it at least ensures a finite Trump presidency since Iā€™m not feeling positive heā€™s going to croak any time soon.

Term limits are one of those things I find it hard to have an opinion on either way. I guess it depends on if I like the person in office or not.

Of course an irony here is Trump campaigned on a promise of implementing Congressional term limits. Far be it from him to keep a consistent opinion on pretty much anything though.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Bullshit

or he gets funding for his goddamned wall, blah, blah. blahā€¦

This smells like back tracking to me.

7 Likes

I can imagine all the things that heā€™ll want in NAFTA and ā€œother stepsā€, like maybe Mexico paying for a wall. How about ā€œFuck no!ā€? It looks like his tariff brain-fart wasnā€™t about China at all. (2% of US steel imports.)

6 Likes

Oh boy, more terroristic threats

8 Likes

And then after everyoneā€™s signed it we cross off the first ā€œ2ā€. Genius!

7 Likes

Apparently the mobsters & money launderers wanted a better deal

7 Likes

Iā€™m gonna steal one of my favorite gags from the LoadingReadyRun crew, hereā€¦

[extreme grandma voice] So I went to the store and I told the man what you wanted, and he said this was the one, the twenty-second amendment. This is the one you wanted, right?

5 Likes