A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Something I read about Kushner that has stuck with me all day today in regards to his apparent and obvious to me many illegal transactions that may have been used to manipulate him by foreign entities:

“Ten years ago, all this would have probably been enough to launch a prosecution of Kushner under federal corruption laws. The “reasonable doubt” standard does not mean “no doubt whatsoever,” for obvious reasons. Sometimes a crime is still bleedingly obvious even if there is no smoking gun evidence.”

“However, since the Supreme Court rulings in Skilling v. United States and McDonnell v. United States — exhibiting the classic character of modern jurisprudence combining callous disregard for the rights of workers, immigrants, or poor people with tender, loving compassion for those of corporations, politicians, or the rich — corruption cases have become nearly impossible to win. The new standard of proof of a clear-as-day quid pro quo is insurmountably high.”

“But that doesn’t mean we can’t see what’s clearly in front of our eyes. If this were South Korea, where former president Park Geun-hye is facing up to 30 years for “alleged bribery, abuse of power, and other crimes,” Kushner would have been hauled up and indicted months ago. It’s mere American chauvinism that prevents this from being conventional wisdom.” - theweek

The illusion of law and order is being chipped away so that we see that laws and orders have been rewritten to benefit the most egregious lawbreakers.

Be it golf tee markers or golf course hookers.

10 Likes

More Noise:

Rep. Schiff calls for Nunberg to testify before House intelligence committee

Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House intelligence committee, said the panel needs to interview Sam Nunberg.

Schiff said Nunberg’s assertion that President Trump may have known about the Trump Tower meeting before it occurred is an area that the committee needs to explore.

However, Rep. Mike Conaway, the Republican leading the committee probe, seemed to throw cold water on that idea.

Schiff said Nunberg is one of a number of witnesses the committee still needs to interview.

6 Likes

Have you been drinking?

Let me take a sip. Hang on.

No.

5 Likes

He seems rational in his personal conduct except that choice to engage with the media doesn’t correspond to any larger goals that I can see, neither self-interest nor principled stand. Whisky Tango Foxtrot. I should find the whole interview.

Who can blame him for drinking or the meds.

5 Likes

Best band name ever!

5 Likes

Isn’t this completely illegal? Like, you’re only allowed to use the Seal for official government business.

5 Likes

Yup, it’s illegal.

Of course it would fall on Trump’s AG to prosecute which means nothing will happen. The corruption train chugs on…

9 Likes
4 Likes

https://twitter.com/jamyerson/status/970833884253511680

4 Likes

That’s one way to keep Austin weird

3 Likes

Ugh, these kind of shitheads again

Two conspiracy theorists were arrested Monday after allegedly harassing residents of Sutherland Springs, Texas, the site of the Nov. 5 mass shooting at a town church where 26 congregants died. Church Pastor Frank Pomeroy allegedly found the two writing “the truth shall set you free” on a chapel poster that is meant for well-wishers to sign. When Pomeroy confronted the two—identified as Robert Ussery, 54, the founder of conspiracy website Side Thorn, and 56-year-old Jodi Mann—they allegedly began shouting about their belief that the shooting was staged. Pomeroy’s 14-year-old daughter died in the shooting, along with 25 others. Pomeroy told the San Antonio Express-News said that Ussery “continually yelled and screamed and hollered and told me he was gonna hang me from a tree, and pee on me while I’m hanging… He said, ‘Your daughter never even existed. Show me her birth certificate. Show me anything to say she was here.’” Charging information on Ussery and Mann was not immediately available.

7 Likes

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/tax-return-rule-for-presidential-hopefuls-okd-in-md-senate/2018/03/05/6c7eb59a-20e7-11e8-946c-9420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.392824fb1539

11 Likes

I wonder if Nunberg’s entire meltdown (real or not) would lead to a mistrial, except that it hasn’t reached trial. It would seem he’d no longer a reliable witness; more likely that’s what he wants them to think.

6 Likes

Every month or so I receive a solicitation in the mail from Judicial Watch, whose motto (according to the junk mail solicitation) is “Because no one is above the law!” I reckon that, by the next mailing, they will surely have moved on from Hillary Clinton to Kushner and/or the illegal use of the seal.

4 Likes

Jesus, I’d not heard of these clowns before. They have a headline about NYPD coverups on their homepage, but, you guessed it, not about the recent news of the NYPD covering up officers use of force or misconduct, it’s about the death of police officer Phillip Cardillo and the “Harlem Mosque Incident” from 1972…

2 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know why the likes of Judicial Watch and Joe Arpaio bother with repeatedly sending me junk mail. You’d think they (i.e. conservative organizations, in general) would check the demographics of the Zip code in which I live, and save on postage costs by not sending mail there at all:

• 49% foreign-born
  • nearly 54% Hispanic
  • 38% African American
  • 12% White alone, Not Hispanic or Latino

EDIT: Our county (not sure about our Zip code, specifically) went 88% in favor of Clinton/Kaine and 8% for Trump/Pence.

I don’t believe ex-Sheriff Joe nor Judicial Watch are going to muster a lot of sympathy in this Zip code, but maybe I’m being prejudiced.

Latest mailing was from Star Parker, who at least had the decency to put a stamp on the return envelope so I could say “REMOVE ME.”

3 Likes

10 Likes

She’s right, y’know.

2 Likes

I’m sure the Forbes people are good, but they can only take into account what they know about, and not hidden liabilities like secret loans, if any.

6 Likes

Interlude: Trumpian Event Theme Video

Feels right, no?

Carry on.

1 Like