A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Maybe this is why Giuliani was out there saying Trump paid it.

6 Likes

Another cash drop to Cohen:

Of course they knew that Cohen is trumpā€™s defacto fixer.

They donā€™t have accountants in So. Korea???

rats-together

5 Likes
5 Likes

As if they didnā€™t know that before they tried it, again. ā€œNerd Sadist harder!ā€

9 Likes
3 Likes

The future of the internet and the media up for the highest bidder in the Trump admin

5 Likes
9 Likes

Thanks, hadnā€™t heard that.

When youā€™ve lost George Willā€¦

6 Likes

monsters%20inc%20boo%20pretty%20please%20with%20cherry

I sure hope so!

6 Likes

tenor%20(10)

5 Likes

I didnā€™t check his math but the picture tells all.

EDIT: Debunked as to context, as @L0ki pointed out below. Real picture, not a White House event.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2018/05/why-are-air-force-officers-spouses-so-white/

6 Likes

If I had to guess showing up was voluntary or invitation only. If voluntary, what sane person of color would want to go to the WH?

8 Likes

CNN, just this morning alone: Trump is totally right about Iran, heā€™s a powerful, brilliant diplomat, and heā€™s totally owning the pitiful liberals.

I guess this is the kind of kowtowing you perform when the president threatens to pull press credentials for not praising him enough.

7 Likes

Yep. very true.

1 Like

Assuming that 40% of armed forces are white implies that 40% of military wives* are white, he actually dramatically understated the unlikelihood of this occurring if the people in the photo were selected by drawing the names from a giant hat of all military members. 0.4^42 is about 2*10^-21. One in one hundred trillion would be 10^-14. So six to seven orders of magnitude more unlikely than he said.

* Military spouses, but I donā€™t think I see any men in that picture. Given that same sex marriages are less than 1% of marriages in the US and transwomen are well under 1% of women, the odds of getting all women with random selection would be pretty low as well (though like 1 in 10,000, no need to break out astronomical units)

This is, to me, a super great example of how institutional racism functions. I would imagine they were invited, and I would also imagine they werenā€™t flown in from all over the country. So this my represent military spouses from the DC area.

There are lots of totally non-nefarious reasons that could end up being white women. They are military spouses that the whitehouse is more likely to be aware of - spouses of high ranking officers. They may have been drawn substantially from handful of bases where the soldiers are predominantly white just because thatā€™s who lives near there. As you say, maybe a few invitations were turned down by people who didnā€™t want to be seen at the white house under this president.

But no matter how non-racist the intention of the people who organized this day, they ended up with a racist outcome. In fact the more reasons we can think of for why this happened without any racist intention, the more it demonstrates that race-blindness just doesnā€™t work, and instead reinforces whatever prejudices exist in the culture.

8 Likes

A good listen:

4 Likes

Which reminds me of something I just read:

In a Wednesday morning tantrum, Trump threatened to take away press credentials from the White House press corps. Good. A credentialed press is an obedient & captive press, ever fearful of losing its precious access. Credentialing by the government is itself an abridgment of press freedom, a form of censorship. Itā€™s time for White House journalists to start reporting outside the briefing room.

Source:

5 Likes

Not that it makes that much of a difference but the event appears to be this one:

https://www.afoscdc.com/jafowl.html

Judging by the photos there were a few non-white ladies in attendance but the crowd does look pretty white.

2 Likes

Just call me Cassandra.

9 Likes

Cohen himself is grappling with the fact that, in his early fifties, his life and his business will never be the same, and that he is isolated from the people in Washington around Trump, who, he has said, have been treating him as though he is ā€œdisposable.ā€

No, really?

8 Likes