A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Clearly AI is a bigger threat than extremists

2 Likes

Yeah, I know it’s not an isolated incident. In a way that’s my issue. It’s an explosive situation, and people who are in charge of public safety should shouldn’t be lighting fuses. But they are probably thinking of their reelection prospects and pandering to their hardliner base, not about public safety.

3 Likes

This is really one of the few places where right wing evangelicals and left wing progressives agree- Trump is a tool, and he heralds the end of days.

6 Likes
5 Likes

Is this what going crazy feels like?

10 Likes

Be terribly fitting if he ALSO went down in history as the president who had the chance to end Korean hostilities and just ****ed up the whole thing

9 Likes

He just lost my vote.

Kaine said he was going to vote against her. Any bets on whether he backs down?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t put it past these wankmuffins. There’s always room at the bipartisanship table to confirm war criminals to senior government positions.

5 Likes

If anybody was going to be the sacrificial lamb thrown out for the base to crucify for capitulation, it’d be Jones, who stands about as much chance of getting re-elected as a snowball on Mercury. And yet.

This is definitely what going crazy feels like.

6 Likes
3 Likes

Manafort: “Pardon me?”

6 Likes

Adam Davidson had a money line on a recent Trump, inc. about how fuzzy the lines have become between white collar crime and legal business due to deregulation. He was talking about how all these dumb people have gotten rich and powerful, summing it up with: It is really, really easy to commit white collar crime…

7 Likes

And apparently, it’s really, really hard to put anyone in prison for it.

8 Likes

I might have listened to that one today. Pretty good reporting, wasn’t it? He was talking about how unusual it is to pay cash for commercial real estate instead of using credit. If it wasn’t the same episode, then it was another episode exploring how crooked this all looks.

1 Like

I find that podcast comforting knowing that smart people are making a detailed record of the Trump family’s gold-veneered shenanigans. I also find it so depressing that all his bullshit is so obviously crooked (and he’s in good company) but isn’t rotting in prison.

2 Likes

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/387873-trump-pushed-to-evacuate-military-families-from-s-korea-ahead-of-olympics

Whoa, great way to say 45 was going to fuck with NK in some serious manner, and that retaliatory bombings on US bases in SK would have been expected.

JFC, these are the people who cherry pick the Bible. Had to read all of the New Testament in my parocial school, and I damn well know that Jesus never said blessed are the willfully ignorant.

6 Likes

I honestly don’t think it’d be on him.

I have a suspicion that this is just another NK game. Come to the table, talk of peace, and then find some BS reason to leave in a huff–which by the way, we have 2 such reasons just today one being the military exercise and the other being the terms of denuclearization. By doing so, they hope to gain some slack by appearing at least willing to come to the table, and making it seem rash to take drastic action when they might be coaxed back.

It is a new trick for them, if that’s the case, but not a new kind of trick. They have a long history of following the pattern 1. Ratchet it up 2. Walk it back (ideally with concessions).

6 Likes

Sounds like a relatively effective way to deal with a rapacious empire – “an overbearing, decadent power led by a reckless fool” – that consistently demonstrates its insistence that other countries run their affairs for the benefit of U.S. elites.

8 Likes

I mean you say that, but last time the denuclearization talks started stagnating the US labeled NK as part of the Axis of Evil. Placing the blame entirely on NK doesn’t make a lot of sense when our politics with the country seems to be throwing rocks at them continuously and then pointing at them getting pissed at it as a reason they are petulant children.

9 Likes
8 Likes