A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

So heā€™s basically admitted itā€™s all #fakenews? My god the hypocrisy of these people is just without limit.

5 Likes

Better than rocks at least

1 Like

This isnā€™t Trump exactlyā€¦ but the Ontario election is happening this week and fucking hell our version of Trump is really close to winning and I want to vomit. Any advice for how to survive the next 4 days without having a heart attack?

4 Likes

Cathartic exercise!

7 Likes

OMG LOL. Great balls of fire!

6 Likes

6 Likes

A hot bath and a good book?

4 Likes

And a nice cup of tea.

8 Likes

And again and again and again and again.

7 Likes

For the last couple of weeks, Iā€™ve been running Beacon Toy on my phone, broadcasting the URL for https://notdoug.com

I donā€™t have another working Android device to test with, so I have no idea how effective it is in hitting peopleā€™s phones. (The protocol is broadcast only without a receipt acknowledgement handshake.) With the Bluetooth level on high, I might be carving a 60ā€™ radius circle as I drive/walk. Itā€™s probably a Bluetooth in the wilderness.

Before the election, I might come into Toronto and ride around on the subway for a while with a Pi running an open access point wifi that serves only an anti-Doug website. The new subway trains are long metal tubes with a captive audience of hundreds of data-starved people, and changing trains could hit many thousands.

I tried a small test of that during the last Federal election, but I didnā€™t get any good data due to the lack of a real-time clock messing up the log files.

6 Likes

So this is precisely the opposite of what you are asking for, but three weeks ago I predicted to a friend that the NDP would win the popular vote and the PCs would win a majority government*.

Right now Eric Grenierā€™s** poll tracker has NDP at 36.4% vs PC 34.7% while he still gives the PCs over a 50% chance of a majority. Somehow I might end up being right and we might have the absolute stupidest election in the history of elections.

* One party wins popular vote, other wins control of the government; I know this happens sometimes in the US but there are three reasons it would be exceptional in Ontario. First, because we donā€™t have a separate executive branch so if you win the legislature you also win the executive automatically. Second, there are three parties - winning a ā€œminorityā€ government (the most seats but not more than half) when you win the popular vote seems plausible, but a ā€œmajorityā€ is grotesque. Third, we are not gerrymandered.

** Canadaā€™s Nate Silver.

4 Likes

Just think on how much fun we could have with a minority NDP or PC government with the Libs and 1 Green holding the balance.

2 Likes

If anyone wins a minority Iā€™m not going to be too fussed about it. But if the PCs win a majority of the seats without winning the largest share of the popular vote, I donā€™t know what option weā€™ll have other than revolution.

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. If only NFLD didnā€™t have all that damn weather!

Also, its hilarious to me that after living in the house I own for 10 years Elections Canada seems to have just forgotten we exist. We never did get voter cards for the last federal election, even tho I checked the database and they had us in there. And we still donā€™t have our cards as of today. Yes I know I donā€™t need them, but cā€™mon! I need to do advanced polling cuz Iā€™m busy on the 7th but man its gonna be hassle to do without the damn cards!

4 Likes

waves :wave:

1 Like

Iā€™m apparently entitled to citizenship in Scotland, but obviously right now thatā€™s a Brexit clusterfuck. (Itā€™s also a very long way to go)

3 Likes

ROTFLMAO

My countyā€™s representative who is one of the earliest trumpkins is now scared that if congress wonā€™t do a thing about immigration, the dairy farmers over in Lyndonville & Batavia are going to vote his ass out :rofl:

Rep. Chris Collins, R-N.Y., stands apart from the other signers in many ways: He occupies a safe Republican seat and was among Trumpā€™s earliest supporters in Congress. But his western New York district is home to hundreds of dairy farms that rely on immigrant labor.

ā€œRight now, my dairy farmers are saying to Republicans: Youā€™ve got the House, the Senate, the White House, and youā€™ve got to give us a legal workforce, and I agree with that,ā€ he said.

Collins, who favors a conservative immigration bill that would set up an agricultural guest worker program, acknowledged that the House may never be able to pass a bill. ā€œBut then those of us can go home and say we did our best,ā€ he added. ā€œI fought for you and Iā€™m willing to go against leadership to fight for you, and thatā€™s all you can expect out of me.ā€

The other big products our farmers produce? Onions, wheat, corn and soybean.

So not only is he starting to get worried about Trumpā€™s actions on migrant farm workers, but heā€™s starting to get worried about what happens to the wheat & soybean markets if Trump starts a trade war with China

6 Likes

I forgot to reply back to that story with the news video about NRA members with the groupā€™s stickers on their cars being targeted by gun thieves http://www.wbtv.com/clip/14371218/thieves-targeting-nra-members

2 Likes

Same. MrPants could get his Scottish passport if he wanted and I could get a UK oneā€¦ but really, do we want to? LOL

Sorry for the Canadian derail, but you closed the Canadian thread! Sheesh! :wink:

1 Like

A prime example of this countryā€™s toxic relationship with celebrity

3 Likes