A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Just another lying sack of shit day at the office for Sarah.

Lying to a child … check. Next…

5 Likes

I wonder if Michelle Wolf got to her. You go into work and lie every day. Then one day someone calls you out in public, right to your face, saying “you are a liar” in front of a whole room of people. And all your friends come to your defense with “How dare you say she’s ugly.”

Because there isn’t one goddamned person in the whole world who will say, “Hey, she’s not a liar.”

11 Likes

I sure as hell hope so.

LIke all 45’s enablers, I hope that she never has a decent night’s sleep ever again, and that her every meal tastes like ashes in her mouth.

11 Likes
4 Likes

Yeesh.

I’m half-surprised she’s not sitting in his lap.

6 Likes

Ok, folks, what’s the angle here? Trump’s got me paranoid. How’s he profiting from this and/or trolling Obama?

2 Likes

He is gonna need help with that himself?

1 Like

Trump is actually decent about not torpedoing good legislation IF (and this is a huge if) it’s not in any way shape or form something his base cares about.

Since no one has deep feelings about people taking drugs going through clinical trials, he’s not going to veto it.

He’s not comically evil, his “evil” is self serving.

3 Likes

Here’s what else Kim has been up to this week, BTW:

TLDR:

Nope, you’re gonna have to read it. I tried to summarise the drama, and the attempt broke my brain.

3 Likes

Favours for his backers.

It allows pharmacorps to bypass the need to prove safety or efficacy on treatments for which desperate wealthy Boomers will pay any amount of money.

4 Likes

So you’re thinking it falls under the umbrella of “get rid of all of those silly regulations that protect people’s health” that he likes to brag about?

5 Likes

Silly me I forgot to mention that we grow alot of apples in my community and the whole of New York does too. I didn’t mention that because they’re mostly handled by haitian migrant workers in my community so I guess Trump might not be able to screw over apple farmers…

…DAMN IT! What the hell is wrong with the guy? It’s like he intentionally wants rural america to suffer.

7 Likes

IMHO it’s a set up. He will drop the tariffs right before the mid terms.

In the mean time people and businesses will suffer and fail. He doesn’t care about that.

3 Likes

I don’t think she wanted prison reform quite that badly.

5 Likes

“Trump is using a U.S. law called section 232 that allows tariffs to be imposed for national security purposes. Thursday’s decision will lead to tariffs of 25 percent on steel and 10 percent on aluminum.”

National security my ass. Even the K-Bros are not too keen on the moves.

Does trump even know about what led up to the Great Depression?

9 Likes

Does he care?

10 Likes

Fuck the Koch brothers. If they didn’t want this they shouldn’t have funded it for decades.

14 Likes

Right to Try legislation is fraught with issues. The bill signed by Trump is largely redundant as the majority of states have some form of Right to Try legislation on the books, and the FDA’s expanded access rules already make it possible for patients to obtain experimental drugs.

But there are well-founded concerns that a federal Right to Try law will discourage pharma companies from introducing first-in-class treatments to the approval process. Phase 1 drugs come with significant risks (read: side effects like death), and Americans are nothing if not litigious. The argument that expanding Right to Try will help speed new therapies to the market is risible. Terminally ill patients may be desperate enough to try anything, but pharma companies are not. A successful trial with an n=1 will not convince them to bypass stage 2 and 3 clinicals, but an unsuccessful treatment with a serious adverse effect (death) may well convince them to kill the whole development program.

There’s plenty wrong with the pharmaceutical industry; Right to Try will do nothing to fix it. This is an idiot’s gesture, full of nothing much and signifying less.

4 Likes

The American Cancer Society and other prominent patients rights groups oppose that legislation (at least in its current form) so I’m not convinced it’s actually going to be a good thing.

6 Likes

I was kind of hoping we’d get a Donald Trump Champagne Butt picture out of this meeting. No such luck.

1 Like