A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Keep your eyes out for severely-underreported news of cops beating the crap out of Puerto Rican protestors over the next week.

6 Likes

Perrin Beatty, president of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce and a former Mulroney cabinet minister at the time of the original Canada-U.S. free trade deal, expressed surprise at the sunset-clause tactic.

ā€œThat is not the basis on which mature adults negotiate,ā€ Beatty said.

ā€œFor someone who prides himself as a negotiator, anybody who does business on the basis of, ā€˜One side can only win if the other side losesā€™ usually isnā€™t in business for very long.ā€

6 Likes

He can drop the American tariffs.

Currently Canada imports more American steel than it exports to America. Thatā€™s going to change.

6 Likes

Itā€™s a little more interesting.

The targets are (at least alleged to be) very strategic.

7 Likes
6 Likes

In my opinion, because in any normal or typical political environment ā€“ with anyone whoā€™s ever been in power before ā€“ any evidence at all that theyā€™re collaborating with a foreign power would be more than enough to get rid of them.

Uncovering solid, incontrovertible evidence of collusion and a foreign government actively interfering in an election? Instant impeachment. Usually.

Theyā€™ve learned, the hard way, that thereā€™s nothing normal about Trump or his base.

4 Likes

Theyā€™ve known for a while, then. I accidentally used the wrong Pelosi link upthread; it was from last year. This is a recent one.

1 Like
5 Likes

Didnā€™t he say something to that effect in PR? He didnā€™t care about them either.

5 Likes

Yep, did something to that effect too.

Hey, just having a little fun!

San Juan Mayor Slams Trump for Throwing Paper Towels to Hurricane Survivors, Calling It ā€˜Terrible and Abominableā€™

7 Likes
8 Likes

Tunnel building and death a trumpian event? Perhaps. Fear causes people to do strange things.

4 Likes

So one parent said he has genuine sympathy for them and another said it was like talking to a toddler. Iā€™m pretty sure I believe both of those people.

1 Like

Oooooh, he trying to be provocative~

I mean come on now. This is no longer a Trump constantly lying issue, but itā€™s very much an issue about his team and supporters constantly defending him for doing this, his supporters ignoring/having a shitty memory about him doing this sort of thing all the time and the both of them attacking the media for literally playing back video/audio of him contradicting himself.

Do they realize everyone else looks at him and sees a naked emperor?

6 Likes

Oh, are you body-shaming, now? /sĀ¹

Ā¹I could totally see some RWer pulling this response. Sarcasm tag definitely needed.

3 Likes

At least I didnā€™t compliment his use of smokey eye :smirk:

5 Likes

This is actually the only scenario I see for Spankyā€™s tenure - and Iā€™m talking two terms here - to end prematurely. When he turns out to be (too) bad for business for his backers.

1 Like

Speaking of letters: in January, Trumpā€™s lawyers sent a letter to Mueller arguing the pres canā€™t possibly commit obstruction of justice, because reasons, and also the pres shouldnā€™t be subpoenaed.

7 Likes
7 Likes