A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

That Nazi ā€œcivility-enforcerā€ hair thoā€¦

1 Like

I did, but Iā€™d like to hear more from people who work in these departments as to how ā€˜horrificā€™ it is or whether any of the proposals are sensible. Iā€™m trained by BB to assume that everything the administration does is for the worst possible reasons and to harm Americans as much as possible, but I donā€™t know enough about governmental structure and organization to know if, say, combining various redundant departments would aid in efficiency or be a horrorshow in some way.

I have no doubt that Miller has the interests of white people in mind more than any others, and thereā€™s anonymous reports that he giggles at child death and such, but Snopes casts shade on that ā€˜white power signā€™ image.

1 Like

What the actual fuck:

2 Likes

Iā€™ll take their point that it may just be an unfortunately-timed photograph of him adjusting his tie and buttoning his blazer simultaneously (okayā€¦). However, I do think that the ADL saying ā€œMiller canā€™t be a white supremacist, heā€™s Jewishā€ isā€¦ silly. Itā€™s like saying ā€œX canā€™t be a Republican, theyā€™re gay!ā€ Yes, white supremacists are probably going to have Jews on their short-list, but not before they get through the rest of the Browns, and in that, Miller is apparently more than willing to find common cause. You can be a bigot and lack critical amounts of self-awareness.

3 Likes

That reasoning is incredibly ignorant and idiotic on their part. Somehow Hitler managed to be a staunch advocate for an Aryan race of virile blonde-haired blue-eyed Germans while being a scrawny, drug-addled, black-haired Jew. I think Stephen Millerā€™s quite capable of inflicting pain and hatred on Mexicans, no matter what his background is.

6 Likes

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-immigration/trump-congresswoman-clash-as-tempers-flare-over-immigration-idUSKBN1JL1DS
Oh, he mad, very low IQ. Dumb. But scroll down to the ACLU part:

In one declaration filed with the brief, a mother identified only by her initials E.J.O.E. said that ā€œthe government told her that she would be reunited with her son if she renounced her statement of fear,ā€ a first step in asking for asylum. The mother did so, but was then deported without her 8-year-old son.

Blackmail to get her to renounce her refugee status, then separate them anyway.

10 Likes

Itā€™d be better if Trump reconsidered. But I guess thatā€™s not happening, eh?

Iā€™ll go out on a limb and say that combining the departments of education and labor will lean to the horrorshow side. The corporate overlords will love it though. So thereā€™s that.

2 Likes

A thread from the fringes of the empire:

5 Likes
4 Likes

The NRO isnā€™t terribly interesting, but this is an interesting thread in response:

5 Likes

FUCK YOU Roberts!

ā€œWriting for the court, Chief Justice John Roberts said that the government ā€œhas set forth a sufficient national security justificationā€ to prevail.ā€

3 Likes

I give up. Heā€™s got control of all the branches and is a dictator now.

4 Likes

The Russian Mission Accomplished Party is just around the corner.

The good news is that he probably wonā€™t get much of anything done for the remainder of his (first?) term. However, he will continue to install his judges nationwide.

3 Likes

The experiment failed. RIP America. 1776-2016.

5 Likes

The Supreme Court horror show continues unabated todayā€¦

6 Likes

Clearly timed for todayā€™s primaries.

Once again, Iā€™d like to thank those members of BoingBoingā€™s forums who repeatedly insisted that there was no discernible difference between Trump and Hillary for helping to install ultra-conservative jurors with lifetime appointments. Well done.

8 Likes

This may be a bit tangential, but ā€œuse the courts to diminish the power of the disadvantagedā€ seems to strike the right tone.

Particularly galling from Microsoft is this:

The company also argued it would be a mistake to lump together the situations of thousands of different women across the company. Microsoft argued that plaintiffs failed to identify any specific Microsoft policy that produced the allegedly unequal pay between men and women.

ā€œJust because thousands of women all complained about the same thing doesnā€™t mean you can draw any inferences about our broader behaviorā€, says company that powers an entire industry of behavior-based analytics. ā€œAnd besides, itā€™s not like we were stupid enough to put ā€œpay women lessā€ in the employee handbook, so fuck you.ā€

6 Likes