A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

I donā€™t know. I guess that played a part, but I honestly donā€™t think everything they do is about Trumpā€™s ego. Iā€™m sure his personal disgust with a natural function played a role, but Iā€™m guessing industry helped too.

Sad thing is, the fucking Russians had to step in and push the measure forward. RUSSIA is defending productive health measures here.

9 Likes

Thatā€™s basically what the article says.

Then the United States delegation, embracing the interests of infant formula manufacturers, upended the deliberations.

6 Likes

@ficuswhisperer & @Mindysan33
Iā€™m not disagreeing, but hereā€™s what I pictured as soon as I read the articleā€¦no, as soon as I read the headline. :wink:

Aide: Your Majesty, the formula manufacturers petition Your Grace to oppose a World Health Assembly resolution.

shitgibbon: Whatā€™s it about?

Aide: Breast-feeding is healthier for infants than formula, Your Highness.

shitgibbon: DONā€™T SAY THAT WORD, DONā€™T EVER SAY THAT WORD!11!!!

Aide: Breast-feeding, Sire?

shitgibbon: [puts fingers in ears] LA LA LA LA, I CANā€™T HEAR YOUUUU!!!11!

(Edited due to incorrect name)

5 Likes

This guy is broken.

3 Likes

6 Likes
13 Likes

Continuing discussion from:
https://bbs.boingboing.net/t/scott-pruitt-quits-epa-after-corruption-exposed-by-staffers-his-resignation-letter-to-trump-is-bonkers/123991/137?u=ficuswhisperer

Iā€™m not sure how this has Penceā€™s claws on it. Are Xtians like him now also opposed to breast feeding, too?

No, itā€™s just big business meddling as usual and the Trump admin happily going with whatever policies benefit the campaign donors.

6 Likes

Regarding Michael Miselisā€¦

As with everything else, the core issue is bigger and older than just Trump.

7 Likes

Looks like someone at Northrop Grumman woke up?

2 Likes

Was flipping around the channels last night when I stumbled across this trainwreck

Apparently itā€™s some sort of spin off of the Eric Andre show thatā€™s also produced by him. I didnā€™t know what was worse, it show itself or all the the stereotypes of millennials spouted off by the focus group made of older conservatives (episode 3).

The worse part? At the end of the second episode I watched they had a promo of next weekā€™s episode that shown that Ann Coulter was going to be a guest on it. Really donā€™t know if I should feel sorry for her :worried:

2 Likes

I think WHO favors breastfeeding more strongly than evidence suggests, but the idea of the US threatening military and economic conflict against Ecuador to drop a breastfeeding resolution is horrifying. It also shows that our ā€œdiplomacyā€ is getting more extreme in a short period of time, which is always a good sign.

Not shocking, even this much distance inbetween and right-wing media hasnā€™t figured out how to spin in yet. Probably the only topic they remain silent on so far.

5 Likes

Iā€™d say itā€™s the Baby Formula Mafia, not unlike the tobacco industry in their zeal, backed by the Dairy Industry lobby. Itā€™s a good way to drain a lake of milk oversupply by bypassing local protection in other countries against usual dairy products.

Perhaps it was Chuck Schumerā€™s price for something?

7 Likes

Meh, I wouldnā€™t. Sheā€™ll take any attention she can get.

3 Likes

The more things change, the more they stay insaneā€¦ From 1981:

https://www.nytimes.com/1981/12/06/magazine/the-controversy-over-infant-formula.html

I had never even known this was an issue until 2000 or so. Gil-Scott Heron had mentioned it during a song introduction on a live recording.

5 Likes

The United Statesā€™s lone dissenting vote was explained, in part, by Elliott Abrams, Assistant Secretary of State for International Organization Affairs (since nominated to be the Assistant Secretary of State for Human Rights). ā€˜ā€˜Despite our governmental interest in encouragement of breast-feeding,ā€™ā€™ he said the W.H.O. recommendations for a complete ban on advertising to the general public of infant formula and the proposed restrictions on the flow of information between manufacturers and consumers ā€˜ā€˜run counter to our constitutional guarantees of free speech and freedom of information.ā€™ā€™

Like pottery

1 Like

Which are So much more important than our childrenā€™s right to healthy futures.

Fucking greedy fucks.

3 Likes
14 Likes

Again, why do these fucks think that they are somehow free from public opinion while out in public?

10 Likes

hahaha do you actually think Trump and Miller are even capable of feeling shame? :rofl:

3 Likes

I assume nothing about 45; the man is a walking black hole.

As for all his enablers, theyā€™re quite capable of feeling negative emotions, obviously; if not, theyā€™d all just continue glibly eating, and shopping, etc while acting oblivious to those around them.

But thatā€™s not whatā€™s happening. Theyā€™re being made uncomfortable when they unwisely go out in public, theyā€™re making hasty retreats, and theyā€™re constantly whining about being ā€œtreated so poorly.ā€

Among all the bullshit Pruitt stated in his resignation letter, one of the the only factual statements was that ā€œthe backlash from the public had taken its toll on his family.ā€

Let the shunning and shaming continueā€¦

12 Likes