A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

He’s also going after Blumenthal:

Not sure if this is trolling or more headgames to try to make Gorsuch look more appealing to the left.

6 Likes

It’s smart to not go to war for your country.

Just like it’s smart to not pay taxes.

5 Likes

He’s also accusing him of working to “embolden the enemy”, which seems a bit stronger than, say, reading a letter from Coretta Scott King about him.

2 Likes

That one really pisses me off because I lived in Atlanta during that time. In fact, I was AT Centennial Park with my stepkids, watching children gleefully frolicking through the fountains there, about 2 days before the bombing. I hate that they are trying to say the asshole who destroyed the innocence of that space was Islamic.

15 Likes

Yes! It’s infuriating!

9 Likes

6 Likes

You know what else is weird, I can remember the name of the guy who didn’t do it a lot faster than the name of the guy who did. (Both not Islamic.)

3 Likes
4 Likes

I’m a fan of the Some Asshole Initiative. Heroes and victims should be remembered, but the names and intentions of perpetrators of violence should be forgotten.

10 Likes

Still parsing through the news but here’s some stories I came across:

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-09/trump-s-oval-office-tweets-force-ceos-to-choose-fight-or-flight

Here’s one line FTA that I found rather interesting:

Remember what a big deal Trump made about Carrier not closing their plant and moving it to Mexico? Well, Carrier still gets to move a bunch of jobs to Mexico and gets to an incentive package for keeping jobs here! Fuck yeah, #americafirst!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/08/politics/spicer-alleged-atlanta-terror-attack-trnd/

Orlando, Atlanta, what’s the difference, right?

I love this one. This makes me think of one of my favorite West Wing scenes:

12 Likes

Trump also talked about his own popularity, the sources said.

3 Likes

It is really hard to explain to people how personal that bombing is to me. I know the story faded as it took so long to apprehend him, but it angers me so much that Trump and his team do not understand the value of getting these stories right.

16 Likes

Agreed. I had not moved to town yet, but it was a huge event and really marred what many thought was a successful 96 Olympics. He also bombed that lesbian club up in Buckhead (My Sister’s Room, maybe was the name?). The fact you were there 2 days before with kiddos probably chills you to the bone to this day.

In general, they want to play down white nationalists violence as much as possible and make sure it’s never considered a terrorist attack. It infuriates me, too.

15 Likes
Democratic Sens. Jon Tester of Montana, Heidi Heitkamp of North Dakota and Joe Manchin of West Virginia will meet with Trump, aides said. Some GOP senators and Democratic Sen. Joe Donnelly of Indiana were also invited to the meeting, which was first reported by USA Today.

Those four Democrats and Sen. Claire McCaskill of Missouri, who are all up for reelection in 2018 in states that Trump won handily, will be key to the progress of Trump’s agenda and to getting his Supreme Court nominee confirmed. Trump will need eight Democrats to vote with Republicans to confirm his Supreme Court nominee and move most legislation in the Senate.

4 Likes

I really detest the word “moderate”. There’s nothing moderate about supporting GOP policies.

16 Likes

Fucking idiots.

Some details from that EO earlier:

I see “reducing crime” is going to be a policy. Big step! What shall we start with? Illegal immigration, natch.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/829762393026785281

20 Likes

Well, to be fair, none of their votes actually counted towards getting Trump elected. So they don’t have that to feel guilty about, at least.

10 Likes
13 Likes

I’m thinking “mandatory stop and frisk program in all major cities.”

6 Likes

FTFY. 

10 Likes