A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

How insecure do you need to be to follow a group of teens across the country just to harass them? Christ on a cracker, that’s just awful.

9 Likes

They’re not insecure, they’re responsible gun owners™.

8 Likes

Absolutely. And I am a calm, quiet person, who never overreacts to anything. :rofl:

4 Likes

Anything I’d post about that would be a violation of the rules.

3 Likes

I didn’t get what you mean by this.

Fittingly, today’s papers cited a study that anti-Semitic language usage is heavily on the rise in German-language digital media.

(Google Translate gets the main facts across, )

3 Likes

BTW, could everyone read the captions in that gif okay? There are some funky timings in it that got stripped out when I tried putting it up at Imgur; now I’m wondering if most browsers will render it properly.

1 Like

Good work but it seemed to play faster than you intended. I thought GIF lets you specify an interframe delay, and it seems like that number should be bigger. Sounds like imgur’s not helping you there.

1 Like

Hey look, it’s something Trump can use to attempt to distract the public

2 Likes

The Heritage Foundation, deeply funded and over to the alt-right, is holding up a tadpole and bragging about the big fish they caught.

They start off with an outright lie:

One of the left’s main arguments against reform is that voter fraud simply does not occur. How liberals arrive at this conclusion, we cannot say.

What “the left” (and state election officials) said was that election fraud doesn’t happen in the “millions and millions” quantity that Trump was talking about. 1,071 cases across the United States is down in the noise level.

Breitbart takes this and conflates it with legal immigration voting treads, that don’t favor Republicans (shock!): “U.S. Election Meddling: Nationwide Voter Fraud, Importation of 15M Foreign-Born Voters”, thumping the racist xenophobia drum.

I expect Trump will be echoing this as we come up to November, and if he’s wounded but not hamstrung, he’s going to try to “fix this horrible threat to America”, because he couldn’t possibly have lost a referendum on Trump without massive vote fraud. Look for something that makes current voter disenfranchising look tame.

6 Likes

I hosted it somewhere else; Imgur turned it into a damn webm or something.

The original framerate was 29.97, and most of the frames are supposed to be 40ms, so it should actually run a little slower. The first and last frames are 3.5s, and the last bit where Putin’s expression hardens are 100ms.

Maybe I’ll save it from the site and crack it open again to have a look.

2 Likes
9 Likes

https://wnyt.com/news/home-depot-employee-says-he-was-fired-after-responding-to-customers-racist-rant-albany/4995436/

“I said to him, “Sir, when you have your dog in here we prefer that you keep it on a leash.'” He turned around and said, ‘Fk you. You’re an a*e you’re a piece of st,’” explained Rucker.

Rucker was understandably shocked. However, it was just the start of a barrage of insults – some of them racist.

He says, ‘If Trump wasn’t president, you wouldn’t even have a job.’ He said, ‘You’re from the ghetto, what do you know?’"

“I’ve lived all over the country and I’ve had no one talk to me the way that this guy talked to me,” noted Rucker.

6 Likes

Congressional Republicans and leadership to each other: “OK, looks like we have to go with the Russia meddling thing. Quick! We need a scapegoat! Any ideas?”

If it’s true.

Counterargument:

• Assange is in London, not the U.S., and it’s not yet clear that extradition to the U.S. would happen (although there is a rumored grand jury indictment of Assange)
  • Trump just spent a weekend insulting things British, including Theresa May and the Queen Herself, so cooperation with the U.S. may not be top of mind for the Prime Minister
2 Likes

Top tier subtweeting

4 Likes

8 Likes

He actually quoted the deluded idiot from the Princess Bride, unironically.

Wow.

4 Likes

Home Depot changed their mind after facing a big backlash

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/home-depot-backtracks-firing-employee-213203985.html

8 Likes
6 Likes

If only Trump had been inconceivable 72 years, 10 months, and 8 days ago.

Do you think it’s too late to un -concieve him now?

7 Likes

Retroactive abortion?

If ONLY…

4 Likes