A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

If ever forced to actually resort to cannibalism in order to survive, I have a running list of whom to hunt down and eat first; itā€™s long and consists of many high profile people who have willfully enabled this fuckery.

However, 45 isnā€™t on it, and never will be because:

A) The chances of someone else getting to him first are really good.

B) What you said about not him being palatable at all; even as a cannibal, I will still have certain standards.

C) Animals and other lower life forms will need to eat too; feed him to the pigs.

5 Likes

I remember reading that Selmayrā€™s installation as Secretary General had damaged Junckerā€™s image (or maybe more accurately, shined an unflattering light on his many flaws). But Iā€™m not as tuned into what is going on with the EU as I should be; the American media focuses more on the doings of the EU member states than on the body as a whole, and itā€™s easy to be distracted by the onslaught of noise coming out of Washington.

I find myself in the weird position of cheering against my own country; I want the rest of the world to stand firm against Trump. Donā€™t negotiate with him. Donā€™t compromise. When the US economy starts to tank, make sure Trump is by himself, neck deep, choking on the wreckage.

But itā€™s a global economy and when the US suffers so does Europe. The EU canā€™t be expected to bail us out of this crisis any more than Mexico can be expected to pay for Trumpā€™s wall. In the end, Iā€™m terrified that Trump will be proved right; that the trade war will be good for him and easily won.

3 Likes

76,820 votes and 5,371 comments so far on Reddit

ā€œChinese factory making Trump 2020 flagsā€

8 Likes

Well, it is accurate. Itā€™s still not a big deal.

Theyā€™ve agreed to discuss agreeing.

They havenā€™t actually agreed anything, they havenā€™t said they will agree anything.

Theyā€™re just going to carry on the already existing trade talks process.

Trump negotiation 101. Throw a hissy-fit, talk tough. Then ā€˜agreeā€™ to discuss things and claim that getting the people you were already in talks with to agree to carry on talks was a major achievement.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Yep, youā€™re right; that was a case of preemptive panic. Youā€™d think by now Iā€™d realize that the best that can be said for things coming out of Trumpā€™s pie hole is that theyā€™re hyperbolic.

When I posted yesterday, I thought that the agreement was an actual agreement on tariffs, not an agreement to discuss tariffs. Full speed ahead I guess, the ship is still sinking on schedule.

3 Likes

Canā€™t wait to hear Fox News talk about Hurricane Melinda going through DC later today :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

https://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Lawyers-for-detained-pizza-deliverer-head-to-court-13100299.php
Heā€™s not out of the woods yet, with a 2010 deportation order.

U.S. District Judge Paul Crotty said Villavicencio, who was being held at a New Jersey lockup, can remain in the United States while he exhausts his right to try to gain legal status.

ā€œAlthough he stayed in the United States unlawfully and is currently subject to a final order of removal, he has otherwise been a model citizen,ā€ the judge wrote.

Summary: Seems okay, WTF is the rush?

4 Likes
6 Likes

https://www.npr.org/2018/07/26/632660199/rosenstein-impeachment-sputters-on-capitol-hill-but-political-war-likely-will-ra

7 Likes

Heā€™s having far too much fun with this.

7 Likes

Get me a Coke.

ā€œWilbur Ross said the aluminum tariffs is ā€œa lot to do about nothingā€ and U.S. customers wouldnā€™t notice.ā€

Maybe because 'murica drinks out of these:

super-big-gulp

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/WhiteHouse/status/1022873024553517057

The United Sates.

Iā€™ve come a long way from being a total grammar nazi on the internet because nobody knows when ā€œitsā€ should have an apostrophe in it, but I still think failure to seemingly even try to get the little things right in situations like this is a sure sign that the big things are being equally neglected.

6 Likes

The economy is ā€œsoaringā€¦ā€ at least until the housing bubble implodes, the full effect of the tariffs are felt, and the consequences and repercussions of all 45ā€™s bad, short-sighted policies come to fruition.

7 Likes

Add student debt crisis comes due to that list.

6 Likes

Thanks, I knew I was forgetting to mention something.

2 Likes

I almost dropped something when I first saw the satirical headline

7 Likes

Wait, what?

ETA: never mind, ā€˜wishful thinkingā€™ got in the way of recognizing satireā€¦

3 Likes

Exactly! Completely plausible right?

3 Likes

Disturbingly so.

ā€œIs this the real life?ā€

4 Likes