A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

It’s also the wildest extrapolation possible on a single data point. “The US sees first GDP growth over 4% since 2014” is the accurate headline, and last quarter was abysmal.

4 Likes

Well, that’s awkward.

5 Likes

Is Jr the one is the camo baseball hat?

He’s hard to recognize without the usual ‘Goodfellas reject’ suit and slicked back hair…

6 Likes

Yep. The one wearing the stupid cammo cap with the Secret Service tools around him him.

4 Likes

I just figured they were regular tools…

4 Likes

After the coloring books failed (Trump only used orange crayon, outside the lines), Juncker finally found something that worked:

10 Likes

It felt to me like a snarky headline covering a real event.

2 Likes

He’d also married (and had kids with) a US citizen in the meantime, which (ordinarily, at least) would probably help his case (i.e. starting from a better baseline than if he did not have family who were citizens).

1 Like
7 Likes
4 Likes

15 Likes
4 Likes

A white supremacist who’s running to represent Charlottesville is accused of liking sasquatch hentai

11 Likes

I feel like this is one of the consequences of people being so separated from “science” as a mechanism in everyday life. Going to the moon is seen as just as impossible a task as creating mathematics that doesn’t let anyone but authorized individuals solve equations. Going to the moon still has to comply with the laws of the universe. “We can’t have crypto backdoors for the same reason Neil and Buzz couldn’t take off their helmets outside when they got there” is about the only retort I can come up with.

(I’m preaching to the choir, I know, but GAH!)

8 Likes
8 Likes

What the actual fuck…

4 Likes

Apparently the attacker had a kid in his truck.

3 Likes

The investigation continues by Hamilton Police to determine whether this was a hate crime.

telling the couple that he’s racist and adds that he would kill their children first.

:thinking:

The friend of the victim says Robertson had a child in the car with him at the time of the incident.

Lovely.

7 Likes

Oh boy, here we go.

7 Likes

Sounds worrisome.

Today I am announcing our next step: the Religious Liberty Task Force, to be co-chaired by the Associate Attorney General and the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of Legal Policy—Jesse and Beth.

The Task Force will help the Department fully implement our religious liberty guidance by ensuring that all Justice Department components are upholding that guidance in the cases they bring and defend, the arguments they make in court, the policies and regulations they adopt, and how we conduct our operations. That includes making sure that our employees know their duties to accommodate people of faith.

All hail the Guides of Religious Liberty Task Force!

This approach has served this country well. We are perhaps the most religiously developed nation in the world and can take pride in respecting all people as they fully exercise their faiths.

What does that even mean? I expect that it’ll be a bad time for people who don’t want religion in their faces. Assume the position to accommodate people of faith!

10 Likes