A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Oy, that last paragraph!

6 Likes

Undocumented wife of Trump voter gets deported:
https://www.newsday.com/news/nation/marine-wife-deportation-mexico-1.20272095

Temo didn’t figure his vote for President Donald Trump would affect them personally. That was before the enforcement of Trump’s “zero tolerance” policy toward illegal immigrants.

Schadenfreude anybody?

6 Likes

According to Snopes, which debunked the fake Cobain quote earlier this year, it first appeared in the “Curt Cobain” image macro form on a Facebook page called Trump Train on July 30, 2016. Trump Train, as you might guess, is not exactly a reliable source of news. Recent posts from the same page also include an article claiming CNN White House correspondent Jim Acosta is planning on going commando to the next press briefing because he’s afraid Sarah Huckabee Sanders is going to give him a wedgie.

If you Google the Cobain quote and limit your search to pages published before Trump announced his presidential candidacy, you get no results, strongly suggesting it is fabricated. It’s unclear exactly how it was popularized after the appearance on the Trump Train page, but we can assume it went the usual way: shared across social media pages and in chain emails, without anything resembling context or attribution, until it reached a saturation point. The fact that the seemingly original specimen contains an obvious misspelling of Cobain’s first name suggests one possible origin story: Maybe it was somebody’s idea of a joke, not intended to be taken seriously even by the person who made it. Whoops!

3 Likes

Well,we had four years to conclusively prove that neonicotinoid pesticides cause mass bee population die-offs, but that must be more Obama fake news to overturn just for fun. Who needs crops anyway? We’ll just import from China… oh, wait

10 Likes
12 Likes

Well, fuck.

4 Likes

When they mistake the meaning of refuge for a place we just haven’t built on yet.

1 Like

I’m so tired of these selfish morons, many of whom won’t have to live in the future world that their present day decisions have fucked up…

4 Likes

Stop the presses!

5 Likes

I’m shocked!

Well, not that shocked.

5 Likes

Stealing that gif for future use; thanks.

5 Likes
3 Likes
2 Likes

The Heritage report cited by the White House also concluded that the conditions of the poor must be improving because many families living in deep poverty own cell phones and DVD players.

8 Likes

To the absolute surprise of no one…

6 Likes

“It was so bad, Hitler blew his brains out!”

6 Likes

The notes from their own economic advisors, which were largely ignored. With Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The final statement cited the Heritage Foundation report, saying that most families living in deep poverty “have air conditioning, a cell phone, a computer, and a DVD player or similar device. Few have been evicted from their home or even had their utilities disconnected for non-payment. Hunger is rare.”

4 Likes

Last night I was flipping through channels when I stopped upon Pam Anderson defending Putin & Assange in a interview with Harvey Levin for Fox News (which I something I would have ever thought i’d say like 2 years ago)

2 Likes

Trump’s efforts to hasten China’s global dominance are well ahead of schedule. Truly, the man is an overachiever.

“China has announced it will likely continue importing oil from Iran, even after the United States moves to cut down Iranian oil sales down to zero by November,” Dina Esfandiary and Ariane Tabatabai wrote in Foreign Affairs. Beijing also looks set to broaden its cooperation with Iran through its ambitious global infrastructure project, known as the One Belt, One Road initiative, as well as investments in Iran’s nuclear energy sector.

“Today, as Washington once again seeks to tighten the screws, Tehran sees its relationship with Beijing as key to remaining afloat,” Esfandiary and Tabatabai noted, adding that “Chinese engagement with Iran might pave the ground for others to follow suit, which would undermine the new U.S. pressure campaign.”

4 Likes

Rick Gates called to the stand in Manafort trial

signs-youve-been-friends-for-too-long-6

7 Likes