A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Apples and oranges. Did they violate the Democratic Party rules when they did it?

Yes, absolutely.

DNC charter at http://www.demrulz.org/wp-content/files/DNC_Charter__Bylaws_9.11.2009.pdf

Article 5, Section 4:

Section 4. The National Chairperson shall serve full time and shall receive such compensation as may be determined by agreement between the Chairperson and the Democratic National Committee. In the conduct and management of the affairs and procedures of the Democratic National Committee, particularly as they apply to the preparation and conduct of the Presidential nomination process, the Chairperson shall exercise impartiality and evenhandedness as between the Presidential candidates and campaigns. The Chairperson shall be responsible for ensuring that the national officers and staff of the Democratic National Committee maintain impartiality and evenhandedness during the Democratic Party Presidential nominating process.

3 Likes

Meh, rules schmules, water under the bridge, etc. When will you starry-eyed Sandernistas just drop it and get with The Program??

/s

3 Likes

This is just what Donald really needs to do… remind people of his close ties to the National Enquirer by vouching for the guy who’s father was slandered by said tabloid

4 Likes

Your tax dollars at work.

5 Likes

The only way to stop a bad Education Secretary with a gun is a good Education Secretary with a gun?

3 Likes
5 Likes
8 Likes

Oh fuck all.

7 Likes

I read someplace (Vox?) that trump was doing this to remove items that have blocked peace attempts in the past.

-Moving embassy to Jerusalem
-Denying palestinians refugee status

The later being tied to the funding he just trashed. Pretty shitty ways to go about it. I hope that these things come back to bite his and Kushner’s asses.

5 Likes

This fucking guy.

And big ups to Tibbetts’ family for being super classy here.

12 Likes

Came to post this, glad to see it is already here. This story really peeves me.

The money in question is from a billion dollar block grant intended to help improve student health and safety. The Obama administration suggested that states use the money to provide better mental health support and improve school lunch nutrition.

DeVos says she won’t “legislate via fiat from the Department”, which is a barely encoded message to the big-boots-‘n-belt-buckles crowd that they can go ahead and convert the art room into an armory. Them kids don’t need no art ennyhow, ain’t like them coil pots is bulletproof and ain’t nobody ever put down one a them dusky hued insurgents with a paintbrush.

Here’s a thought for DeVos- you are the head of the Department of Education; it is your job to lead. DO.YOUR.FUCKING.JOB. Armed teachers do not help children get a better education, and federal education funds should not be spent on guns. If you can’t do your job because you are too uneducated, too privileged, too ideologically blind, then step aside (preferably off a cliff) and let someone with integrity and principles take over.

Not that Ⱦrump would hire someone like that, but that’s a different rant.

9 Likes
7 Likes

According to Rubio, the GOP and alt right publications; humility is a unpatriotic trait

Unlike Business Insider, Breitbart or many of the other publications fueling this controversy, I was in attendance for the First Man premiere in Venice. And having actually seen the film, can confirm that while the physical act of planting the American flag into the moon is not portrayed, there are several shots of the American flag flying on the moon—including one long shot as Armstrong and co. disembark.

What’s more, this is an incredibly patriotic film, one that not only does an exceptional job at humanizing astronauts Armstrong, Buzz Aldrin, Michael Collins and all of the other folks at NASA who were instrumental in achieving this historical accomplishment, but also contains numerous scenes of Americans gathered around televisions and radios listening to the moon landing, archival footage of then-President John F. Kennedy’s man-on-the-moon speech, and children in the streets gleefully waving miniature American flags. I mean, there’s even a shot in the film’s trailer of an American child looking up at an American flag waving outside of his home, in awe.

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1036024775154565120
Says the guy who’s infamous for buying his friends.

I guess he just can’t afford to pay Canada the hush money afterward. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Any way shape or form that they can attack “liberal Hollyweird” (while ignoring any evidence to the contrary) works for them.

1 Like

What a bunch of snowflakes.

9 Likes

We are going to be in for a very fun October

7 Likes

Well, if it wasn’t Bloomberg, then was it supposed to be some White House staffer recording it on their phone? Poppycock!

Glances at post above. Hmm.

6 Likes

It seems like the kind of thing they would leak themselves. Trumpolytes probably hate canada, it’s like one big Vermont. It would be much more scandalous for his base if the leak was him saying “of course we’re going to negotiate with Canada, we need them. We’re weak, and Trudeau has me over over a barrell. That hair tho, damn. My kindom for those fucking follicles…”

2 Likes