A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

Maybe Iā€™m just clinging to the only bit of sunshine I see, but every one of the linked articles above calls them ā€œunauthorized immigrantsā€ instead of ā€œillegalā€, so thatā€™s something, right?

7 Likes

Hereā€™s the 100% totally false memo.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8001743/Implementing_the_President_s_Border_Security_and_Immigration_Enforcementā€¦0.pdf

7 Likes

Or itā€™s some sneaky way of attacking people who are cooperating with law enforcement but waiting on documents.

9 Likes

Yes, but technically arenā€™t they STATE troops, not FEDERAL troops?

3 Likes

The last time that Bush had Natl Guard patrolling in TX (war on drugs, not immigration), they shot a teenage kid who was out herding his goats (his family had been on the same plot of land for hundreds of years).

11 Likes

Yes, and?

You may need to read the Act more carefullly. Think it through, come back.

I donā€™t want to. Thatā€™s why I politely asked you for clarification, since you usually seem to know what youā€™re talking about.

oh, ok. In short, the governors would have to mobilize the troops to be deployed, within their own state borders. The president canā€™t do that without governors. Thereā€™s more nuance if you want to find it, I donā€™t think the President is allowed to do such a Domestic Mobillzation, and there are lots of governors who would not be on board.

Aside from the likely crime, it would be a tragedy!

5 Likes

Kelly is trying to turn DHS into U.S. Southern Command. As the former Commander of SouthCom, he is probably responsible for creating some of the refuges that try to cross the border.

He stated that he wants to take the ā€œfightā€ to the interior of the US:

We must augment our expanded border security initiatives with vigorous interior enforcement and administration of our immigration laws in a manner that serves the national interest. This effort will include greater cooperation and coordination between DHSā€™s operational components, which are responsible for administering immigration benefits and enforcing our nationā€™s existing immigration laws.
He even acknowledges the following, but per the "deportation memo", remains steadfast that all undocumented immigrants need to be removed.
Last year, over 415,816 migrants, mostly from Central America and Mexicoā€”including over 137,614 unaccompanied children and individuals travelling in family unitsā€”were apprehended on our southern border. Many of those arriving at our southern border have fled violence, poverty, criminal networks, and gangs in their native countries. While the vast majority are fleeing violence or seeking economic opportunity, a small number of individuals could potentially be seeking to do us harm or commit crimes.
5 Likes

At least a couple Repub Governors are reluctantā€¦ (Iā€™m sure TX and AZ are ready to deploy)

Utah for the right reason (constitutional issues, Arkansas because they are already stretched thin)

9 Likes
12 Likes
6 Likes

Geez, my wife was upset about the USDA allowing tongue and heart into ground beef (even though she hasnā€™t eaten any ground beef in years)ā€¦ Wait until she hears about the new chicken guidelinesā€¦

18 Likes

I Put on My Robe and Wizard Hat

6 Likes
8 Likes

This man is totally stable and rational. He is in no way completely out of his fucking mind and unfit even to work at that receptionist desk in Mar-A-Lago where he pretended to write his inauguration speech.

7 Likes

Awww he left out the bbc. He seemed to have such a hard-on for jon sopel at the press conferenceā€¦

5 Likes

First amendment, schmerst amendment.

5 Likes

Edit: original version for non tweeters.

9 Likes

Perspective:

17 Likes