A round up of Trumpian events 🖕🍊🤡

Bundy’s heretical hostility to xenophobic hate isn’t as out of character as it might appear to a lay audience. While the Bundys are heroes to a movement associated with militant nativism, they’ve always belonged to a peculiar strand of the American militia movement — one whose hostility to the federal government is rooted less in white nationalism than a libertarian Mormonism that honors the Church of Latter-day Saints’ traditional support for refugees.

6 Likes

That’s the new UN bimbo, right? Kay Ahss?

trying to keep up really I am

1 Like

He seems a bit stressed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-collusion/trump-calls-for-end-to-mueller-probe-despite-russian-campaign-bid-findings-idUSKBN1O70GP

Trump said on Friday that he would nominate former Attorney General William Barr to the nation’s top law enforcement job. But with the current session of Congress set to end soon, Barr may have to wait until well into 2019 to be confirmed by the Senate.

As soon as the session ends, the 10 day timer starts on recess appointments. Let’s see if Trump can resist creating distracting chaos in the Christmas-New Year’s period.

5 Likes

Because of course

6 Likes

Umm, so now I am standing in solidarity with Cliven fucking Bundy??? What the hell kind of universe have entered into???

4 Likes

Truly the worst timeline.

6 Likes

I suppose it could be the timeline where the nazis won world war 2… that seems like it would be worse? I think we’re just in the dumbest timeline?

7 Likes

Yeah, the MCU makes a lot more sense, even if the dead won’t stay that way!:wink:

3 Likes

Did they really lose, or are they just playing the really, really long con? :thinking: (ETA: sarcasm, in case it wasn’t obvious)

Yeah, this for sure.

No arguments here, either. Too bad Thanos couldn’t have just dissolved Trump and his ilk instead and called it a day.

5 Likes

Damn, I had not even considered the “long con” option. Thanks for the nightmare fuel, buddy!

4 Likes

I think it’s just that people who aren’t smart enough grasp onto Hiter’s ideas because it makes them seem like edgelords… They’re really just people looking to justify their own shitty behavior. They really aren’t smart enough to con most of us, which is why they need to employ force - they lose any other way.

3 Likes

Dude, don’t go there. Next you’ll have PM from people telling you there’s a base in Antarctica, and the Nazis are just a cover story for the Illuminati or something.

I think Mindy-san is spot on, dumbest of all times. And it’s not the amount of dumb. It’s the consensus of dumb. Specifically, so-called social networks make it easier to connect with the next dumb thing, and think it’s clever. Connected dumbness, leading to dumb action. Swoosh, revolting.

Example:

ETA:

Don’t give that demagogue too much credit. He hadn’t had original ideas, and most fascists don’t even use those as Hitler’s. I think it’s mostly that the same cruel and stupid ideas re-occur because they are so easy to think. Shortcut humanity, shortcut even logic, and you’ll arrive in facism.
As we probably are now.

6 Likes

Sorry, I was missing a bold, blinking /s tag.

2 Likes

I’m surprised you didn’t link to Cory’s own posts saying the exact same thing (although he may have just linked back to the same story).

2 Likes

But enough do to make him a figure that’s admired in some circles… you even hear it when people talk about that era (“Hitler had a few good ideas”). I mean, this is part of the reason it’s the dumbest timeline, yeah?

5 Likes

Oh, didn’t see this. Or read this.

This link arrived through somewhat social media.
(Does this validate or invalidate my argument? IDK.)

Regarding /s, gsubbing myself would not be appropriate, so I’ll just see myself out.

1 Like

I was just pointing something out - there was no ulterior motive here.

2 Likes

I mean, yeah - the Nazis had some stylish uniforms. The autobahns are pretty cool (and yes, I know this association is a retcon, work with me here).

It’s not like “having some good ideas” excuses the whole genocide thing or nearly everything else he was directly or indirectly responsible for. That whole argument is just so ridiculous I can’t even.

2 Likes

No surprise there.

3 Likes

giphy|nullxnull

5 Likes