A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

2 Likes

Sounds like a plantation.

2 Likes

"Do you believe in Nazis? ā€¦ If you believe," he [Jason] shouted to them, "clap your hands; don't let Trunk die." -- Jason Miller
8 Likes

Autoplay, yo.

4 Likes

Fixed the link, though it autoplays there too.

2 Likes

FDRā€™s Little White House, down in Warm Springs, GA:

6 Likes

Donā€™t be irresponsible and get cancer.

And enjoy living in a theocracy:

8 Likes

Summer White House Superior, WI- 1928 Historical Marker
http://www.hmdb.org/marker.asp?marker=52127
It was a high school rather than a luxury retreat, however, he spent most of his time on the Brule river in nearby Brule, Wi.
Coolidge stayed in Northern WIā€¦
My sister has the bed that Hoover supposedly slept in when he visited Coolidge (or was it the one that Coolidge used) ā€“ donā€™t recall anymore.

Ill health led Coolidge and his wife Grace to leave Washington for Cedar Island Lodge in Brule. The announcement sent residents into a panic as they prepared for their lofty visitors. They built a new railroad depot, strung telephone and telegraph lines, redid roads and constructed an airport. A makeshift Oval Office was set up inside Superior Central High School for the nationā€™s business. The whole city decked itself out in red, white and blue. And upon his arrival, a huge crowd turned up to greet Coolidge, embarrassing the man known as "Silent Cal."

Coolidge appears to have spent most of his time fishing rather than politicking. In July, he welcomed presidential nominee Herbert Hoover and declared his support of Hooverā€™s bid for office to residents, visitors and newsmen. But that was about it. The Duluth Herald reported that the president appeared ā€œmore anxious to master the paddling of a canoe against the Brule rapids than in learning what is going on.ā€

Coolidge left his summer White House able to fly fish and paddle a birch bark canoe. He hoped to come back to the Brule, but died before that came to pass.

7 Likes
15 Likes

A Republican candidate? Using the troops as props and playthings? Somebody fetch me my pearls and my fainting couch.

:unamused:

18 Likes

Did they have a response like this for the Craven Bundy Yahoos that took over the park in Oregon?

22 Likes

Looks like Trumpā€™s now pointed his orange gaze toward making life worse for trans people.

11 Likes

Whatā€™s mind boggling is that Devos opposed the change.

15 Likes

Stopped clock, etc. etc.

4 Likes

Allegedlyā€¦

3 Likes

Eventually, we will all be ā€œso-calledā€ā€¦

12 Likes

Itā€™s almost like they have cut military pay, benefits, and even the military might for nearly a decade to blame the Democrats.

5 Likes

Technically, heā€™s at least a little correct. I mean, there are probably liberal activists in the crowds, and they planned to be there (rather than just showing up by accident). Why that should have any bearing on things is anyoneā€™s guessā€¦

8 Likes

I think heā€™s trying to push the Soros paid-protester angle, but ran out of characters and felt just saying that was enough. Because, you know, the party of constitutionalists do think most of those pesky rights can fuck right off.

8 Likes

Says the so-called President.

14 Likes