A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

If the horseshoe fitsā€¦?

(Itā€™s completely juvenile but at least itā€™s cathartic.)

1 Like

Since it appears to be ā€œdunk on Sorkinā€ day again, hereā€™s a good piece from 2017:

4 Likes

Hey. He brought it on himself.

4 Likes

This guy seems to have an almost pathological hate-on for Sorkin which undermines some of his arguments in my eyes. WW was good and smart TV - but it was a completely fictionalized and idealized look at US politics with its principled Democrats and their noble Republican adversaries.

This person seemed to pump an awful lot of words into trying to make something more out of it - so many words that I lost interest about halfway through.

2 Likes

Happening tomorrow, hopefully itā€™ll go up on Youtube etc.

5 Likes

An alternate way of looking at it was that The West Wing was seven years of shameless propaganda for corrupt centre-right American imperialism.

CJ Creggā€™s ā€œhooray for assassinations and tortureā€ speech during the 9/11 special was a particular lowlight.

3 Likes

The less said about that episode the better. (It was bad and it was not canon.)

1 Like

Not really news, but itā€™s rare to see them admit it:

Interesting bit starts about twenty seconds in.

7 Likes
7 Likes

Hey Kids! Ainā€™t the Gov Shutdown Just Great?!

Final food stamps payment for now

Food stamps will be paid through February, but in order to get funds, states will have to pay February payments early, by or before January 20, which could create confusion for recipients who receive an abnormally large payment that is intended to last an extra month.

As Bob Marleyā€™s mom once said (paraphrased): ā€œIf youā€™re hungry, just have another drink of waterā€

May every republican die an early horrible death.

7 Likes

ā€œTrump told Cohen to lie on Tuesday. And Wednesday and Friday and the following Sunday. But not on Thursday. Buzzfeed said he also did it on Thursday. That was inaccurate.ā€

8 Likes

I assume he means February 1976. I donā€™t suppose that thereā€™s a historical FBI document defining progressive, so Iā€™ll just assume that this is his current mindset. Coupled with his weird opinion that itā€™s the progressives causing the current government dysfunction, Iā€™ll lump him with late-former-FBI crackpot Ted Gunderson.

Actually, the fact that he agreed to be interviewed by ā€œthe reasonable white nationalist guyā€ Tucker Carlson is kind of a tip off.

5 Likes
4 Likes

Heā€™s just admitting to well-known FBI history.

3 Likes

Except that well-known FBI history was supposed to over by then. Iā€™ll wear my cynical glasses for that, but Iā€™ll wonder if Terry Turchie isnā€™t back-projecting his current views.

Former FBI director Clarence M. Kelley later apologized for the agencyā€™s lawlessness.

ā€œSome of those activities were clearly wrong and quite indefensible,ā€ Kelley told the American public in 1976. ā€œWe most certainly must never allow them to be repeated.ā€

1 Like

Iā€™d be inclined to phrase that as ā€œanyone who believes that the FBI really stopped COINTELPRO-style activities in 1971 is too naive to be allowed outdoors without supervisionā€.

3 Likes

and of course, Bob Marley once said that a hungry mob is an angry mobā€¦

7 Likes

Iā€™ve been quoting that line for ages; they really donā€™t want to go there.

You want guillotines? This is how you get guillotinesā€¦

9 Likes

Conservative radio hosts: Our kids arenā€™t working hard enough in school and refusing to excel. Iā€™m saying that because we arenā€™t anti-intellectual

Also conservative radio hosts:

5 Likes

Yeah, the Mueller statement was narrow. They might as well have confirmed that the majority of the article was true. I think the thing they probably were most unhappy about is that the article sort of implies without saying that the information came from the Mueller team (something like ā€œagents familiar with the investigationā€). My money is on the story being 100% true except for a few details about how they know itā€™s true.

This stream (and the fact that AOC ā€œcalledā€ into it) sounds amazing. Itā€™s funny, when I saw this article I immediately tried to find out what his personal best time was, and it took me a few minutes to realize he wasnā€™t speedrunning it for the world record, but just playing the game.

Iā€™m seeing it ended up raising $200k. Thatā€™s a hell of a lot for some guy to happen to raise over a few days.

8 Likes