A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

But thatā€™s not what they said. They gave a very lawyer-ed response; itā€™s not accurate.

Not ā€˜untrue,ā€™ not ā€˜falseā€™, not ā€˜bullshitā€™. Inaccurate.

That implies that Buzzfeed didnā€™t get it exactly right, not that they are completely wrong.

9 Likes

Ah, legalese.

4 Likes

My ears pricked up as soon as I read that very specific phrasing.

4 Likes

If Trump was committed to signing a 1.3 billion deal for exactly this and then backed down when Opium Oscar and Horseface started getting in his ear thus kicking off the current shutdown, what makes you think heā€™d sign a 3bn deal for the same thing? He was offered 25 billion for the wall in exchange for DACA protections just last year and Trump turned his nose up at the offer.

For someone that claims to be such a great negotiator he sure does a shit job at it.

9 Likes

One has to wonder if Whitaker is behind the message from Muellerā€™s office. Mueller hasnā€™t spoken up like this since the investigation started and heā€™s had plenty of opportunities to dispute BS news reporting.

Edit: Which would also explain trumpā€™s profuse ā€œthank youā€ messages to ā€œMuellerā€. We all know trump hates Mueller but, loves Whitaker.

2 Likes

My first thought is how suddenly after years of taking a shit on Muellerā€™s investigation, now heā€™s suddenly considered trustworthy?

2 Likes

It would be a great question to ask him when he is in front the the House Judiciary Committee in February.

ā€œDid the statement refuting the Buzzfeed story come from you Mr Whitaker or Mr Mueller?ā€

1 Like

Every time I see a picture of her, she looks like sheā€™s someone who is completely out of her intellectual depth but who believes that sheā€™s saying something deeply profoundā€¦

5 Likes

Like a white college kid that ā€œdiscoversā€ Rastafarianism?

3 Likes

Or postmodernismā€¦ or more likely, Ayn Rand! Yeah, that last one is probably the one Iā€™m going with.

Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ve ever even heard her talk or seen her on a video, just pictures of her, usually in mid sentence with her tongue slight out as she speaks and a slightly glassy stare. But sheā€™s white and what some would consider ā€œprettyā€ and probably comes from a ā€œgoodā€ family (meaning $$$$$$$$$), so here she is, I guess.

6 Likes

Long but (somewhat) funny:

Youā€™re not missing anything, truly.

I dislike the word ā€˜bimboā€™ for itsā€™ inherently misogynistic connotation, but if there was ever a woman who accurately fit the descriptionā€¦ well, letā€™s just say Iā€™m surprised that thereā€™s not a picture of Lahren right next to the entry of the word in the dictionary.

5 Likes

Wait, isnā€™t that Brambi Streeter? :sunglasses:

3 Likes

(nsfw audio)

3 Likes
1 Like

I have a lobbyist in the family whoā€™s said the same thing. ā€œShe needs to grow upā€ blag blah blah What the lobbyist is really saying is that she needs to start taking us (lobbyists) seriously and our money too because you know, us lobbyists are the only ones who can show her how DC really works.

I canā€™t comment on the West Wing. Never watched it but, itā€™s obviously based on somebodyā€™s wishful thinking.

5 Likes

He wouldnā€™t, ever. The point isnā€™t to get him to sign it, itā€™s for the Democrats to not give him any excuse to call them ā€˜weak on securityā€™ or ā€˜on vacationā€™ or ā€˜not offering anything but stonewallingā€™. Iā€™d like them to keep putting forward strong, reasonable proposals, to be proactive, rather than become the new ā€œparty of Noā€.

On a separate note, whatā€™s up with the Horseface jabs in these threads from so many people?

1 Like
5 Likes

Or, thereā€™s this thread:

8 Likes

Yesterday, Twitch streamer hbomberguy did this:

Today, AOC did this:

10 Likes