A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

What Iā€™d love is for the Dems to not just stonewall or keep pointlessly sending the same old legislation to Mitch, knowing itā€™ll be rejected, as a political game.

Iā€™d like them to come forward and say ā€œOK, you want border security? Weā€™ll meet you halfway and double what we currently have: $3 billion. But it will be spent on what DHS and ICE recommend: electronic surveillance, officer training, etc, not a physical steel barrier.ā€ Come forth with an offer of strong border security and make Trump reject the recommendations of his own border security offices in favor of something proven not to work.

6 Likes

Amen brother. Nancy is playing a ballsier game than I thought she would. And he has already taken note of the fact that he ā€œis getting crushedā€ on the shut down. As he slips further into his alternate universe, this has real potential to get very scary.

3 Likes

17 Likes
4 Likes

Iā€™d be ā€œinterestedā€ in seeing them fight for realz. Just sayā€™n. :wink:

8zgc09X
lane

2 Likes

Thanks, but I barely know who those two are. And I care even less about what they have to say in their spat than I do about any other ā€œTwitter feud.ā€

4 Likes

BEST LAWYER EVER

12 Likes

From what I understand the Dems had already decided against it anyway; he wasnā€™t offering any real compromise, and still wanted 5B+ for his wall.

Dudeā€¦ donā€™t be gross.

Thereā€™s an appropriate time and place for ā€˜sexual titillation,ā€™ and that particular dumpster-fire conflict ainā€™t it.

āŠ™_Ź˜

7 Likes

One of them is Aryan Barbie on Fox News, never heard of the other one

5 Likes

Thanks! (though that hardly helps, given how that describes just about every woman who debases herself by presenting on that network)

4 Likes

Cardi B was a stripper who turned into a rapper, and in 2017 she had a song called Bodak Yellow that seemed to be inescapable, even though it wasnā€™t all that good, IMO.

Ever since then, sheā€™s been all over reality tv, stays in the news for having beef with other entertainers like Nicki Minage; and most recently, she had a rant on Instagram about the shutdown that actually has some valid points, even though it was profanity laced.

Tomi Lahren is one of the dumbest (but prettiest!) ones;

7 Likes

Ugh, ymmv, but that kind of dolled-up, generic, seen-it-a-million-times conventional attractiveness looks especially unattractive to me.

5 Likes

No disagreement there; sheā€™s not what I consider appealing either.

However, Iā€™m talking about the archetype that so many White dudes are programmed to put on a pedestal as ā€œthe ideal trophy.ā€

When incels talk about ā€˜Staceysā€™ who are ā€œout of their league,ā€ thatā€™s usually the particular archetype they mean.

4 Likes

Indeed.

Carbine Barbie probably provides most of them all sorts of fantasy fuel.

2 Likes

Funny thing.

I will admit I couldnā€™t describe someone beyond the basics for shit but that applies to my own mother. But show me a picture of your standard person and then a pic of a completely different one, and I can tell theyā€™re different people (unless youā€™re trying to trick me). But blonde conservative commentators? Sorry, they all look alike to me. Itā€™s chilling, in a way, because it says that there is a very specific standard you must abide by to join those ranks. Calling it Stepfordish doesnā€™t really even come close.

5 Likes

Yes, true what you say about the ways different blondes can look very different from each other, but thereā€™s something replicant-like about the conservative ones. What distinguishes them as a group for me as that they all seem angry and mean.

3 Likes

It still works for me, though; Iā€™ve been referring that particular type of vacuous blonde token as ā€˜Stepfordsā€™ for years.

1 Like

Itā€™s more that itā€™s too mild a term.

Somehow the real life is even more creepy.

2 Likes

Not to me; The Stepford Wives creeped me right the fuck out when I was a kid who wasnā€™t supposed to be watching it (but I did anyway.)

For me it distills the very core of a nightmare; hordes of superficially attractive White women with no minds, personality or agency of their own, who exist only to facilitate the needs and wants of a domineering White man that controls them completely.

5 Likes

Let me get this straightā€¦

Buzzfeed: Cohen lied to congress on the behest of Trump

Congress members: We have to take a closer look at his lies

Trump: That Buzzfeed article about Cohen is bullshit

Muellerā€™s office: We can confirm that article is bullshit

Trump: Thank you for confirming that assclowns

Buzzfeed: We stand 100% behind out story

Rudy Giuliani today: LLLEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYYY!!! JJJEEEEENNNKKKIIIIINS!!!

8 Likes