A round up of Trumpian events šŸ–•šŸŠšŸ¤”

The response from Germany and the EU, who have been looking through the Huawei source code, has been ā€œwell, thereā€™s no surveillance stuff that we can find, but we know the US adds spyware to everything THEY sell, so I guess theyā€™re just paranoid.ā€

4 Likes

Christ, what about asshole

7 Likes

Well the oldies are upset Qatar and other neighbors got the leg up on that, so theyā€™re raising all kinds of hell while the younginā€™s are scared the money pot is gonna dry out in the next 5 to 10 years at best guesses (might last a bit longer but thatā€™s the problem, itā€™s not the problem of the oil revenues, itā€™s they canā€™t stop spending).

1 Like

Besides, why would anyone want that old 5G stuff?

7 Likes

tenor%20(35)

4 Likes

His fans have a mixed reaction.

3 Likes

First it was 8%, now itā€™s 17%. My refund this year was down some 40% from last year and I certainly didnā€™t see any of that promised tax relief in my paychecks.

7 Likes

So much winning!

3 Likes

For me itā€™s just an annoyance more than anything. I really feel for those people that depend on those refund checks and make plans around them.

2 Likes

Decoding the President, because someone has to: Did Trump just blow up concerted US effort to ban Chinese 5G kit?

3 Likes

Nothing to see here, move alongā€¦

4 Likes

Sounds Trumpian to me

5 Likes

Cognitive dissonanceā€¦ how does it work?

6 Likes

Look how much fun this was! Canā€™t understand why people make such a big deal out of it. :rage:

13 Likes

I grew up throwing hay bales every summer. The worst job I ever had, that I physically could not last at was picking berries.

Cotton is worse than berries. This whole fucking narrative about how people were singing and it was just like any other job is garbage from people who never did anything close to it. If people (most often slaves) were singing while they worked, it was because itā€™s a way to deal with the pain, both psychological and physical.

You canā€™t subject children to the actual conditions, but ā€œlessonsā€ like this are harmful, because they lead to adults thinking ā€œwell, I did it that one time in school and that wasnā€™t so badā€, even though itā€™s like calling hammering the blocks in a Fisher Price toy ā€œdoing carpentryā€.

Fuck anyone who thought this was a good idea.

15 Likes

Caution: Autoplay and swearing.

https://www.snotr.com/video/15727/Racist_Field_Trip

2 Likes

If it was easy work, we would not have:

A. Fought the civil war.
B. Revolutionized society by inventing the cotton gin.

8 Likes

Many slave songs were a code for communicating messages with each other, without the masters and overseers getting wise.

It was a form of resistance, the slaves damn sure didnā€™t do it out of a sense of contentmentā€¦

Roger that.

11 Likes

Itā€™s like people have never seen or touched actual cotton plants. Those bolls are fucking sharp and will shred your hands if youā€™re not careful and precise. And itā€™s not like the slaves were wearing protective gear like, say, gloves.

10 Likes

Many probably havenā€™t.

8 Likes